DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC freezing when entering activate track

Matt8900

Reactions
It’s been a while since I’ve been here.

Last weekend I took the leap and purchased a m3classic with rc.

This weekend I took it to wales todo some family footage on a stunning beach.

All seemed well with the drone untill I came to do some activate track shots.

Every time I drew a box around a subject the controller become completely unresponsive on the screen.
The sticks still worked, and the RTH was functioning.
However no on screen buttons would work and it would seem as if it was stuck on activate track, and not even tracking the subject.

I would have to get the drone down, restart the controller and then it would become functional again.

I noticed that if I switched to 4k30fps it would do active track reasonably well. However as soon as I cranked it back to 60fps, same results.

Am I missing something or is this a known issue?
I’ve read a few with the mini 3 pro, but non with the mavic 3 classic. However it is just the RC Ofcourse.

Any help would be appreciated. If I can’t work it out, it will be going back for a replacement.

I don't believe it works in 4k60 on the RC, something to do with overheating the CPU. I have read it should work in 4k30 though.

I don't believe it works in 4k60 on the RC, something to do with overheating the CPU. I have read it should work in 4k30 though.

I will research into that, however I have some videos of people doing this, unless I was mistaken and they was using the rc n1

If this is the case then fine however I feel it shouldn’t give the option todo so 🤷‍♂️

I will research into that, however I have some videos of people doing this, unless I was mistaken and they was using the rc n1

If this is the case then fine however I feel it shouldn’t give the option todo so 🤷‍♂️
Found this from the DJI manual on the Mini 3 Pro regarding FocusTrack in the DJI Fly app, guess it would be the same no matter which drone it is connected to:
- FocusTrack is disabled when using a wide-angle lens or ND filter.
- In Photo mode, FocusTrack is only available when using Single.
- FocusTrack is disabled when recording at a high resolution such as 1080p 48/50/60/120 fps,
2.7K 48/50/60 fps, or 4K 48/50/60 fps.

- When lighting is insufficient and the vision systems are unavailable, Spotlight and POI can still be
used for static subjects, but there will not be obstacle avoidance. ActiveTrack can not be used.
- FocusTrack is unavailable when the aircraft is on the ground.
- FocusTrack may not function properly when the aircraft is flying near flight limits or in a GEO Zone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60