DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC issues 1.7.4

bkushner

Reactions
Never had an issue with my RC controller until I recently updated to the 1.7.4. Now every flight I'm getting a complete shutdown and restart. Anyone else? Downgrading now.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Strange because I I have 1.7.4 on my dji rc and dont have any complete shut down or restart how ever I did on my dji smart controller using 1.7.4 fly app it would shutdowncand restart that bit seems to be fine using 1
7.5 in the dji smart controller also using 1.7.5 on my dji rc pro controller that seems fine maybe will will see a update soon to the dji rc controller shortly

Yes indeed RC Pro - see this thread too.

Thanks to diligent reading of mavicpilots I didn't upgrade.

Reactions: jjcombs13
Yes, it is the RC Pro as well. And DJI Fly 1.7.5 as well. You can also find info here. Right now the solution is to use 1.7.0 with the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine, and Air2s with the RC Pro until this is resolved.
Best solution is to just turn off AirSense for now, which is the cause of the app crashing! AirSense is a useless marketing feature anyway! If you can't see and hear all aircraft approaching your drone, you are flying BVLOS! Lastly, AirSense only works for airplanes that are already easily visible and audible from a great distance, like commercial aircraft. That excludes other drones, most private aircraft, all police and military helicopters, crop dusters, paramotors, and paragliders! The aircraft must also have the appropriate transponder, and choose to be broadcasting it. Keep your eyes and ears open instead!

Last edited:
Never had an issue with my RC controller until I recently updated to the 1.7.4. Now every flight I'm getting a complete shutdown and restart. Anyone else? Downgrading now.
Also found that after the update went for a fly and started to take some video. Tried to go to photos and could not get out of video even though it was not recording. Shut down the controller restarted still would not change over to photos, landed and shut down controller and PM3 restated all good again.

Best solution is to just turn off AirSense for now, which is the cause of the app crashing! AirSense is a useless marketing feature anyway! If you can't see and hear all aircraft approaching your drone, you are flying BVLOS! Lastly, AirSense only works for airplanes that are already easily visible and audible from a great distance, like commercial aircraft. That excludes other drones, most private aircraft, all police and military helicopters, crop dusters, paramotors, and paragliders! The aircraft must also have the appropriate transponder, and choose to be broadcasting it. Keep your eyes and ears open instead!
@GadgetGuy how did you determine it was AirSense?

I'm sorry but disabling integrated safety features of the software to work around a bug is not a viable solution for me. But if that works for you, great! Airsense has actually been valuable to me in several instances back when it worked.

Reactions: oztx
@GadgetGuy how did you determine it was AirSense?
I didn't, but everyone else did.
I also don't use AirSense and have it turned off, so I have never encountered the problem.

I'm sorry but disabling integrated safety features of the software to work around a bug is not a viable solution for me. But if that works for you, great! Airsense has actually been valuable to me in several instances back when it worked.
I'd love to hear of any real world situation where Airsense actually was of any value when you are legally flying within VLOS. Relying upon it is always fraught with actual peril for all the reasons I stated above.

When a crashing bug is known to be triggered by specific settings, it only makes sense to disable those settings, until the bug is fixed. Your eyes and ears are all you need to replace AirSense.

I'd love to hear of any real world situation where Airsense actually was of any value when you are legally flying within VLOS. Relying upon it is always fraught with actual peril for all the reasons I stated above.

When a crashing bug is known to be triggered by specific settings, it only makes sense to disable those settings, until the bug is fixed. Your eyes and ears are all you need to replace AirSense.
It matters not whether you need it, it is a feature that SHOULD work!!! Why disable a feature when you can easily revert to an earlier app? Oh, I enjoy the Airsense warnings and to check where planes are in relation to a time lapse so that I can check for contrails. And before anyone's head explodes, 150 ft straight over my front yard.

Reactions: maggior
It matters not whether you need it, it is a feature that SHOULD work!!! Why disable a feature when you can easily revert to an earlier app? Oh, I enjoy the Airsense warnings and to check where planes are in relation to a time lapse so that I can check for contrails. And before anyone's head explodes, 150 ft straight over my front yard.
So, it appears you are not using it for safety. It was never intended for checking for contrails. Whether it should or shouldn’t work is irrelevant. It currently isn't working properly, and is causing app crashes. Workarounds are needed. You could also just never make the map full screen which triggers the crash.

So, it appears you are not using it for safety. It was never intended for checking for contrails. Whether it should or shouldn’t work is irrelevant. It currently isn't working properly, and is causing app crashes. Workarounds are needed. You could also just never make the map full screen which triggers the crash.
The best workaround is revert to 1.7.0.

Reactions: maggior
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots