DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC maneuvering from inside a car..with the aircon on.

Balko

Reactions
Saw a vid a YouTube where the Mavic Pro was being controlled from inside the car...with the windows up and the airconditioner on.
Seems like a good idea especially during bright sunny days...but wouldn't this decrease the signal strength between RC and aircraft?

I've done it and it works but I haven't tried to fly miles away. I'm sure there is some interference.

Reactions: Balko
its like make a phone call from inside your car, no problems, just with reduced signal

I've done it too. The car was not moving, and the maximum distance was around 500-600m without issues. It was an open field.

I do it almost all the time, it'll reduce the signal some what but if you fly in a straight line in front of your windshield you'll get good signal, to the left or to the right you'll lose a little signal but not bad.I've gone 2.36 miles from inside my car.

I do it almost all the time, it'll reduce the signal some what but if you fly in a straight line in front of your windshield you'll get good signal, to the left or to the right you'll lose a little signal but not bad.I've gone 2.36 miles from inside my car.
Same here, I'd go so far as to say forwards you might even be getting a ground plane effect from the bonnet (hood!).
Glass doesn't much affect signal but the roof will to some extent.
It's much easier to concentrate on planned moves when you can actualy see the screen properly - out of the sun and in comfort

Saw a vid a YouTube where the Mavic Pro was being controlled from inside the car...with the windows up and the airconditioner on.
Seems like a good idea especially during bright sunny days...but wouldn't this decrease the signal strength between RC and aircraft?
Ahaha, Nice,

What's the next step? Maneuvering from inside the house in the sofa with the TV screen and the PS4 as controller?

Virtual MP is for tomorrow in Sony next box lol

Reactions: jamesw
I was thinking of this just this morning. Because it was about 100 degrees at 9am and Was thinking if I do the antenna mod with the sma connectors I can put the antennas outside on the roof of the car and run two cables from that to the controller and sit in the car and fly

I was thinking of this just this morning. Because it was about 100 degrees at 9am and Was thinking if I do the antenna mod with the sma connectors I can put the antennas outside on the roof of the car and run two cables from that to the controller and sit in the car and fly
Yup, exactly same as the GPS beginning era while sophisticated sun protector Windshield was blocking GPS signal

I've flown from inside the car a bunch. Once I got done flying a few miles from home, so I set the Mavic to follow me on Active Track and drove, then landed in the driveway [emoji16]

That's right. Sorry for causing a misunderstanding

No worries, really. :)

Exchange of ideas, experiences and of course the chance for clarifications is what makes Forums such as this really beneficial for us hobbyists/enthusiasts.

Thanks for sharing and taking the time to drop-off a reply. Happy flying!

Reactions: peros550
I did this flight from inside my car.

0706229ae2a312b4237a01ea44a4a6ef.jpg

And this one:

d64d5e97614ee4f83c1534ea26f3b63c.jpg

Tacoma pickup truck, nothing special.

Reactions: Balko
I flew from inside my car too. The signal is pretty strong. I didn't fly for miles. I just wish the compass wouldn't be affected by the metal of my car otherwise I'd launch it from my sunroof. :)

It's also a great way from drawing attention to yourself. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada