DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC-N1 vs RC Pro signal comparison chart

k0200679

Reactions
Hi.
Couple of months ago one of the members posted comparison chart of RC-N1 vs RC Pro with signal power output in FCC and CE. I spent an hour looking for it but could not find it anymore. Would someone be so kind and post it again?

That's great information. Curious on the one way range numbers. Yours? Or Dustin Dunnill? The 9.05 mile M3 looked familiar.
No not mine ! Dustin's, I'd have a heart attack at half the range he does.

Reactions: BlairAir
Done 8km one way (2km land 6km sea) with RC-N1 with FCC hack. Took 25% one direction and 50% way back. That big difference in battery consumption was probably because of wind was blowing to sea. Connection was rock solid the whole path which was kinda surprise for me. Got RC Pro with FCC hack this weekend. I guess 10km is no big deal with this remote, but what scares me is the wind impact on battery consumption

No not mine ! Dustin's, I'd have a heart attack at half the range he does.
LOL 😆 I'm okay with the distance. It's making it back that gets the old ticker racing. Dustin: "this one is a real nail biter" - sounding perfectly chill, like he is discussing the weather. It's a Hawaiian thing. I watched a plane crash with 25 Hawaiian passengers. Nobody screamed - they all were perfectly silent. Finding life stressful? Move to Hawaii!

LOL 😆 I'm okay with the distance. It's making it back that gets the old ticker racing. Dustin: "this one is a real nail biter" - sounding perfectly chill, like he is discussing the weather. It's a Hawaiian thing. I watched a plane crash with 25 Hawaiian passengers. Nobody screamed - they all were perfectly silent. Finding life stressful? Move to Hawaii!
To be fair, if Dustin doesn't make it back, it's still going to be easily retrievable somewhere nearby on the mountain top, as opposed to half a mile away over the ocean, for those doing long range tests offshore from the beach, out over the open ocean! Also, flying from an elevated location over lower ground will always yield the best signal strength at any distance.

The power output is 4x on the RC Pro. It's no contest!
When I first got the RC Pro, I was not a fan. Maybe because of the change but once I got used to it, I don't even pick up the RC N1 anymore.

When I first got the RC Pro, I was not a fan. Maybe because of the change but once I got used to it, I don't even pick up the RC N1 anymore.
Get the new $350 2000 nit FeelWorld 10.1” external monitor for the mini HDMI port and live the dream of a clean 10.5” FPV, while still having all the telemetry on the RC Pro!

Last edited:
@350 that is cheap. Where is the link

They just sold out, and are now on backorder.

FeelWorld itself was also selling them directly from China without the $40 shipping charge, but is also currently sold out.

They just sold out, and are now on backorder.

FeelWorld itself was also selling them directly from China without the $40 shipping charge, but is also currently sold out.

Do you have one? Looks good but also looks too heavy to carry, would need a tripod everytime that is used.

I dont think its too heavy. I do use with lanyard that takes some of the weight

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I'm with you. In fact, had it packed up to ship back. Now can't live without it. I do wish there was a quicker way to send photos to the phone but love the controller. More than anything to me it seems like it's a more reliable and stable signal so I have less lag in commands. Sticks could be shorter and I wish they used the same threads as the sticks on the standard controller just in case...

Do you have one? Looks good but also looks too heavy to carry, would need a tripod everytime that is used.
I did get one from FeelWorld, and it is heavy, and becomes much heavier with the required battery packs on the rear, when away from AC power. Still, well worth it, if you can work around the weight issues. Either get a tray harness, a good lanyard, or a tripod to support it. The expensive LifThor adapter, to mount it onto the RC Pro, is also very heavy, adding additional weight. I plan to use my 10.1” monitor from my home base station, where I have access to AC, and can mount the monitor on a tripod, next to me, while freely handholding the RC Pro, so no mount is necessary on the RC Pro. I'm tethered to the monitor with only the attached mini HDMI cable, for a quick release during landing, as necessary, in case I need to move about to safely grab the drone! Having two screens really helps, one for telemetry, and one for a 10.1” FPV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa