DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC never returned with Mavic after repair (DJI SUCK)

Zelius92

Reactions
I had my mavic repaired at the DJI repair facility here in California. In the box that I shipped, I had the damaged drone, propellers, damaged gimbal, and the remote control. I received the Mavic today (March 20th 2017) in the mail, but the remote control was note in the package that was sent back.

THIS IS their reply .....................................................................................................................................
DJI carefully photographs the contents of all packages we receive. Our check in team is trained too look for all components of the drone.
Please see attached for the check in photo from your RMA. Based on our records, we did not receive your Remote Controller.
We recommend you check the area you packaged your RMA, or with your local shipper. We are very sorry for this issue, and assure DJI would not hide your RC.

Best Regards,
.........................................................................................................................................................................
I know for a fact that I packed the remote because my gf and friend were with me. It's even stated in the return note that I sent it with the remote. I know it sounds stupid that DJI's repair facility would keep my remote but I know it was inside. I don't think UPS would never open a package mid delivery.

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO GUYS. I love my DJI drones but they really screwed me over with this one. I spent $999 for a mavic, $390 to fix it, and now I have to spend another $260 or so for a remote control? I feel like taking legal action against them.

Good luck. Did the photo show a remote ? If not from a legal standpoint you out of luck.

You probably don't want to hear this but I wouldn't have sent the remote ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When i sent mine in for the gimble fixing it specifically said on a couple of pages going through the return process NOT to send any other parts like batteries, props controller etc!

And no remote visible? ****. Did it look like the box you packed?

the box wasn't in the photo, it was just the mavic. i felt like they misplaced it before taking a photo or something but at this point, there's nothing i can do.

I shipped with UPS for over 20 years as a business and I'll tell you , boxes get opened .

Reactions: d2fino and Zelius92
You probably don't want to hear this but I wouldn't have sent the remote ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But, when you go through the return process, and you select the items to return (like the Mavic body)..... at the bottom of the screen, it does tell you to include the remote/controller and a battery. I sent mine in with the body too (and a battery)....

The only thing I can tell you is when they received mine, they sent me an email with a list of items they received....my email included all three items.

Did you get an email when they received yours?

But, when you go through the return process, and you select the items to return (like the Mavic body)..... at the bottom of the screen, it does tell you to include the remote/controller and a battery. I sent mine in with the body too (and a battery)....

The only thing I can tell you is when they received mine, they sent me an email with a list of items they received....my email included all three items.

Did you get an email when they received yours?

That's right, I remember them asking to include the remote. But no, I never got an e mail after. I just find it fishy that the return not was included in the box and when they read it and saw that i wrote down remote control, they never connected me right away and asked why the remote was not in the box. I could have called UPS with my tracking number etc. ... attached is the return note I sent.

Attachments

• gfc.png
    gfc.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 33
If I were you, I'd keep calling back and ask for their manager. Also, does UPS weigh the package at all? You might check their records. If they have the weight recorded, it should be easy to show the weight discrepancy between what you sent and what you received.

Anyway, keep bugging them until they give you back what you sent. They are the ones that chose the crappy UPS ground shipping. The more you complain, the better the chance they'll give in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS