DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC not connected to mobile device - help!

toothpick

Reactions
Hi,

I have a Mavic Air 2, just a couple of months old. Worked great until today. Now my DJI Fly app says "RC not connected to mobile device." My remote seems to be connecting and disconnecting to my phone repeatedly - I see my phone charging, then not charging, then charging, etc. I'm thinking maybe the remote is going through some kind of boot sequence over and over?

All four lights on the remote are illuminating then turning off, about once every half-second.

Both the remote and the drone have fully charged batteries.

I tried rotating the cable coming from the remote 180 degrees - no change.

The phone is an Andriod Samsung Galaxy S9+.

Help!

Hi,

I have a Mavic Air 2, just a couple of months old. Worked great until today. Now my DJI Fly app says "RC not connected to mobile device." My remote seems to be connecting and disconnecting to my phone repeatedly - I see my phone charging, then not charging, then charging, etc. I'm thinking maybe the remote is going through some kind of boot sequence over and over?

All four lights on the remote are illuminating then turning off, about once every half-second.

Both the remote and the drone have fully charged batteries.

I tried rotating the cable coming from the remote 180 degrees - no change.

The phone is an Andriod Samsung Galaxy S9+.

Help!

I’d try another cable - seems to be quite a common theme.

I’d try another cable - seems to be quite a common theme.
I suppose that's possible but the connect-reconnect sequence is happening at a very regular interval, and the four lights are blinking at a regular interval as well. That's why I'm suspecting a malfunction in the remote, not the cable.

Reactions: JMMath
checking the cable is always a simple worthwhile test as is trying to connect the device to a computer with any suspect cable.
If nothing else the tests can rule the cable out as a possible problem and likewise a possible dodgy socket on the phone.

I had this happen once before with my Samsung phone. I fixed it by totally powering off my phone and then turning it back on again.

checking the cable is always a simple worthwhile test as is trying to connect the device to a computer with any suspect cable.
If nothing else the tests can rule the cable out as a possible problem and likewise a possible dodgy socket on the phone.
I'll give that a shot. Need to buy another cable to do that. But I doubt that's the issue - the remote control seems to be rebooting over and over.

Try the connection to the computer first, with the existing cable. USB settings permitting the computer should see it as a media device etc.

Try the connection to the computer first, with the existing cable. USB settings permitting the computer should see it as a media device etc.
Clarifying, you are suggesting I connect the remote control pad to the computer, using the same cable? The existing cable is male USB-C on both ends, I don't have a USB-C female connector on my computer.

An update: I used a backup phone, an Android-based OnePlus 5. That phone worked. So the problem is not with the Remote Control or the cable. Must be a problem with the phone.

I was suggesting connect the phone to the computer but it seems that you have identified the phone is at fault.
Did the phone come with a 'normal' USB to USB-C cable and any adapters that would be of use in making such a test?

I was suggesting connect the phone to the computer but it seems that you have identified the phone is at fault.
Did the phone come with a 'normal' USB to USB-C cable and any adapters that would be of use in making such a test?
Not sure...the phone is 2+ years old, anything it came with is long since mixed in with my millions of other cords. I'll try uninstalling & reinstalling the app. I'm also ordering a new USB-C to USB-C cord that I'll use to connect the Remote Control with my main (Samsung) phone. Hopefully I can shotgun it and get it to work again.

Thanks for the suggestions & the follow up!

Cable or connector on phone is faulty. As you eliminated cable. I think you know what it is now!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys