DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC not connected to mobile device

Hanzilla

Reactions
I’ve had a few flights with the mavic air 2 without any issue, however after I did the last firmware update and recharged all of the batteries and controller I can no longer connect a device (iphone or ipad) to the controller to connect to the drone. The controller itself and the drone are able to connect and launch with joysticks but there is no phone connection. So far I’ve tried going into the fly app > connect aircraft > mavic air 2 > camera view > ... > control > connect to aircraft, but that just gets me a “linking failed” error. I’ve also tried a different cable thinking maybe something just snapped within the original cable, but that also didn’t fix it. I have also tried deleting and redownloading the Fly app via the App Store. Last I tried with the firmware both redoing it and also downgrading to see if the downgraded version would work, however neither ideas fixed it. Has anyone run into this before or can think of a troubleshoot that would get me back up and running correctly?

Last edited:
Dumb question, but are you plugging the cable into the right spot on the controller? It has to go into the right-most hole on the top, as the left hole is only for storage.

The same thing happened to me. The problem was the failure of the remote control output jack. It broke down because I used an Ipad on the fly and I had to plug in and unplug it every time I used it. After a hundred flights, the plug broke.

Ahhh sorry, missed this thread was replied to. My bad, been a little hectic lately and I did reach a conclusion to the issue. After a good chunk of time trying to troubleshoot this on my own i gave up and contacted the DJI chat repair thing. After talking to the employee on there for a while he suggested I open up a job ticket to send in the controller to the repair center. The center found a fault with the top usbc port and offered to repair it for a $2 fee. I’ve done that and I’m now just waiting on the return of the controller from the repair center. Thank you all for the advice :)

Reactions: Ciobi
Ahhh sorry, missed this thread was replied to. My bad, been a little hectic lately and I did reach a conclusion to the issue. After a good chunk of time trying to troubleshoot this on my own i gave up and contacted the DJI chat repair thing. After talking to the employee on there for a while he suggested I open up a job ticket to send in the controller to the repair center. The center found a fault with the top usbc port and offered to repair it for a $2 fee. I’ve done that and I’m now just waiting on the return of the controller from the repair center. Thank you all for the advice :)
Isn't that covered under warranty?

Hope you have received it and problem solved.

Reactions: Hanzilla
Isn't that covered under warranty?
Seems like it should be lol. after discussing it with reps and the whole process of getting it handled I didn’t feel like spending more time discussing a $2 charge with (potentially) several other employees so I just paid it up without question. It might have been covered if I had given more of an effort talking with support, but I’ll never know now. I’m just happy to almost have it back and hopefully fixed (should be another 3 days before it gets to my address, I still don’t have it yet)

I also sent it for repair but I did not receive any response. I will inform you when they answer me.
Best of luck :). I would suggest looking up the progress of your ticket on a actual computer. I use my iPad and iPhone for things like this and for whatever reason not all the information from their site displays on these devices. After I got a confrontation of payment my ticket number “disappeared “, but I just couldn’t view it because of the device I was on... when I used an actual computer to look at their site that’s when I was able to view the information in its entirety.

Seems like it should be lol. after discussing it with reps and the whole process of getting it handled I didn’t feel like spending more time discussing a $2 charge with (potentially) several other employees so I just paid it up without question. It might have been covered if I had given more of an effort talking with support, but I’ll never know now. I’m just happy to almost have it back and hopefully fixed (should be another 3 days before it gets to my address, I still don’t have it yet)
That is so strange they charged you $2. At least that's over with now. You'll be happy to get your drone back, just in time to try out the latest updates in the Fly app.

Reactions: Hanzilla
Cel mai bun noroc :). Aș sugera să căutați progresul biletului dvs. pe un computer efectiv. Îmi folosesc iPad-ul și iPhone-ul pentru lucruri de genul acesta și, din orice motiv, nu toate informațiile de pe site-ul lor sunt afișate pe aceste dispozitive. După ce m-am confruntat cu plata numărul biletului meu „a dispărut”, dar pur și simplu nu l-am putut vizualiza din cauza dispozitivului pe care mă aflam ... când am folosit un computer efectiv pentru a mă uita la site-ul lor, atunci am putut vedea informația în integralitatea ei.

[/ Citat
Sorry for not answering so far. I got the drone back after exactly two weeks. The remote control has been replaced with a new one. They didn't bother to fix it. Everything was done under warranty. It didn't cost anything. I didn't expect that! I was sure I wouldn't escape without 100-150 euros. Thanks DJI!

Final update: DJI sent back a new controller and I’m back in business :). There wasn’t a mention of it being a new controller but its a different serial number than the one I sent in and it had those lil removable stickers that are on new products (soOo I’m assuming it’s absolutely new). Super happy about it and everything is working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciobi

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada