DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro built in screen recorder; every file it outputs has a different frame & Bit rate

RC_Powerz

Reactions
Sure, its not a big deal but sometimes I like to use brief screen recording shots in some work and one thing I've noticed is that the built in screen recorder on the RC PRO seems to use a variable frame and bit rate and I cant seem to find a setting to change the screen recording app to a fixed frame and bitrate. Every single file it outputs has a different frame and bitrate. Is there such a setting and I'm just missing it? Has anyone used a better 3rd party screen recording app that uses a fixed bitrate rather than the internal app? then that posses another issue...that wonderful shortcut key combo would be lost I'm sure with a 3rd party recording app.

Examples below, and it doesn't matter what you have your video settings set at on the drone or how long the recording is, it seems to be the screen recording app itself that is compressing the file with some kind of weird variable frame & Bitrate algorithm.

rcproframerate.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve had a similar issue with the original Smart Controller.

It seems like I should be able to use the HDMI output to a projector for classroom use, but no. I finally tracked down the problem to wildly varying frame rates.

On the other hand, Premiere has accepted these files, the various framerates haven’t been an issue there.

Just want to chip in here and say that the frame rate most definitely matters. Have the same issue on the regular RC controller and tried to sync up the screen recording with the drone footage, using a zippo lighter as the clapperboard. Synced up when the lid started to close, and by the time it closed, the drone footage was 10 frames away from also showing the lid being closed. This was within a fraction of a second. Imagine now how out of sync it will be with a few minutes of video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada