DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro connection interruption when aircraft nearby

TomReb

Reactions
I haven't flown with the new firmware, but I'm curious if any U.S. pilots have lost signal between their RC Pro with Mavic 3 when a piloted aircraft enters nearby airspace. It's recently happened to me several times when filming. I'll be flying and filming, receive the notice that a manned aircraft is in the area and to "use caution." The RC Pro screen will then go blank for a few seconds, This may happen a few times repeatedly until the plane is no longer in the area or lands.

I'm not sure how to fix it, but it's a little scary.

I haven't flown with the new firmware, but I'm curious if any U.S. pilots have lost signal between their RC Pro with Mavic 3 when a piloted aircraft enters nearby airspace. It's recently happened to me several times when filming. I'll be flying and filming, receive the notice that a manned aircraft is in the area and to "use caution." The RC Pro screen will then go blank for a few seconds, This may happen a few times repeatedly until the plane is no longer in the area or lands.

It's an AirSense bug in your specific FW version. Turn off AirSense or don't enlarge the map while using AirSense. That's what triggers the crash. You can also change the sensitivity of AirSense. The crash is only triggered under one of the sensitivity settings. I forget which one. Rolling back or updating, as suggested above, works as well. Don't update to 1.9.0 unless you want to be broadcasting RID, displaying your exact location every time you fly to anyone with a cell phone, putting a target on your back, no matter how legally you are flying!

Reactions: TomReb
Don't update to 1.9.0 unless you want to be broadcasting RID, displaying your exact location every time you fly to anyone with a cell phone, putting a target on your back, no matter how legally you are flying!
That's very bad advice.

RID will be required by 9/16/23. Flying without RID will be illegal after that date unless you're flying a <250g recreational drone.

You are probably running an older Fly app version that was plagued by AirSense anomaly (mostly v1.7.2, v1.7.4 & v1.7.8). Update to the latest V1.8.0 (build 1245) and this should sort itself out. Happy flying 👍

Reactions: TomReb

I have flown many times , using the Mavic 3 and RD Pro with alerts for manned aircraft, and I never lost any contact.

That's very bad advice.

RID will be required by 9/16/23. Flying without RID will be illegal after that date unless you're flying a <250g recreational drone.
We normally agree. Why exactly is that very bad advice today, when RID isn't legally required for anyone in the United States until September 16, 2023? After that, it is an entirely different matter. Sorry if that part wasn't clear.

Why voluntarily give up your privacy prematurely, putting a target on your back, for every drone hater with a receiving phone app to come after you, even if you are flying completely legally?

You, yourself, have posted not to worry about not broadcasting remote ID until September 16, 2023, for those drones that will require an add on module to be compliant.

We normally agree. Why exactly is that very bad advice today, when RID isn't legally required for anyone in the United States until September 16, 2023? After that, it is an entirely different matter. Sorry if that part wasn't clear.

Why voluntarily give up your privacy prematurely, putting a target on your back, for every drone hater with a receiving phone app to come after you, even if you are flying completely legally?

You, yourself, have posted not to worry about not broadcasting remote ID until September 16, 2023, for those drones that will require an add on module to be compliant.
It's not bad advice "today".

But it will be after the compliance date. You didn't specify, so I was being general.

It's not bad advice "today".

But it will be after the compliance date. You didn't specify, so I was being general.
Thank you for the clarification. We are still on the same page. My bad for not being more specific.

My bone to pick is with DJI forcing the RID broadcasting prematurely, on every pilot upgrading to the latest firmwares, 10 months early, without the option to disable it in the interim, prior it being required, and also mandating RID broadcasting today on the Mini 3 Pro for every pilot, including all recreational pilots using the stock battery who will never be required to broadcast RID!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242