DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Fixes Needed

ianwood

Reactions
Site
sillygoo.se
The RC Pro feels great to hold. The screen is great. And I am getting more accustomed to the small sticks. But the lack of meaningful physical controls makes it a cumbersome and difficult experience at best.

The Mavic 3 is essentially a flying camera. The Cine version even more so. So why can I not change aperture with a scroll wheel? Why can I not change ISO using the 5 way joystick? Why is it so difficult to set manual infinity focus? All these great buttons, dials and control inputs and they're all locked to settings I don't need.

So instead of the seamless experience of watching the drone while I make changes using the physical controls, I have to stop everything, take my eyes off the drone and tap my finger on a tiny sections of the screen several times to make the changes I need. Several times per flight.

DJI, fix this.

I agree with all of this!

Getting into camera settings and making changes is clumsy and cumbersome. I came from a P4P. The controls on the controller made it very easy to update shutter and aperture and ISO settings. What we have now is a big step backwards.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Well that's true of the whole M3 experience. Further - we can't cache video to Sdcard or download directly to it either. For now it needs to go to the 14 GB internal available out of 32 internal out of the box at first, then moved onto the SD Card manually. I generally don't use adoptable storage, but in this case, it might help with a V90 card. They have disabled it as many phone makes did, to avoid the support calls when people pulled out the Sdcard after integrating it with system memory. I don't blame them, but it would have been nice for people who understand how to use it.

I d

You CAN configure the 5 way for exposure, which only helps in auto and some priority modes, but I am with you on aperture and more. I do appreciate screen recording with Back + Video Record button and Screenshot with Back + Photo button, but there's a lot more needed here. Skipping any built in mic was a dirty trick for screen recordings, and the THREE USB-c mics I've tried sounded horrendous. Will keep trying, maybe even a Bluetooth - I don't need audiophile, but audiBLE would be nice.

Or let them know on a forum they monitor, like the DJI forums?

The RC Pro feels great to hold. The screen is great. And I am getting more accustomed to the small sticks. But the lack of meaningful physical controls makes it a cumbersome and difficult experience at best.

The Mavic 3 is essentially a flying camera. The Cine version even more so. So why can I not change aperture with a scroll wheel? Why can I not change ISO using the 5 way joystick? Why is it so difficult to set manual infinity focus? All these great buttons, dials and control inputs and they're all locked to settings I don't need.

So instead of the seamless experience of watching the drone while I make changes using the physical controls, I have to stop everything, take my eyes off the drone and tap my finger on a tiny sections of the screen several times to make the changes I need. Several times per flight.

DJI, fix this.
DJI would say that if you want that kind of customization and control you need to buy a Inspire 2 with a Cendence remote.

DJI is capable of making good gear for pros but the frustration part is they limit their consumer gear arbitrarily leaving all the good stuff for the professional lines. When you fly an Inspire 2 or M300 you realize all the stuff DJI thought of and the customization they do in fact allow but lock the consumer gear out of.

Or let them know on a forum they monitor, like the DJI forums?
They monitor this forum too. They just don't respond here.

DJI would say that if you want that kind of customization and control you need to buy a Inspire 2 with a Cendence remote.
Yes, I have two Inspire 2 already. Mavic 3 is a different tool. I believe they will do more to make it work better.

Vote with your wallets?
If there was an equivalent from a competitor, I would. But as there isn't, I hope DJI will continue to fix the issues with the Mavic 3.

All true, and what about the severe RC Pro compatibility issue.. We will have to wait for x months before it can be used with other DJI drones? Why is that, exactly?

All true, and what about the severe RC Pro compatibility issue.. We will have to wait for x months before it can be used with other DJI drones? Why is that, exactly?

Can you elaborate? I am not aware of this. I got my RC Pro with the Cine and have had no issues with compatibility, thankfully.

Can you elaborate? I am not aware of this. I got my RC Pro with the Cine and have had no issues with compatibility, thankfully.
Compatibility with my other DJI drones. Thanks for asking. I would like to use the same controller for all my DJI drones. This I cannot currently do. I could with my previous version Smart Controller, after a very long wait (months, years). Let's hope the January update addresses that so that RC Pro at least can be used with Air2S and the Mini2. It is completely ridiculous that this is not in place already. I do not understand the logic behind the delay. Is it technical? Unlikely.

Reactions: BBartol
I picked up the RC Pro this past week to go along with the Mavic 3. While I’m in 7th heaven with the controls and screen, I do agree that it’s frustrating I can’t just run off and bind it to my Air 2S directly so I can pick up either and fly when I want. Fingers crossed for soon!

Compatibility with my other DJI drones. Thanks for asking. I would like to use the same controller for all my DJI drones. This I cannot currently do. I could with my previous version Smart Controller, after a very long wait (months, years). Let's hope the January update addresses that so that RC Pro at least can be used with Air2S and the Mini2. It is completely ridiculous that this is not in place already. I do not understand the logic behind the delay. Is it technical? Unlikely.
You are not alone. Nobody understands the logic that allowed a flagship drone 3 years older than the Mavic 2 to be released in such a rushed and unfinished state.

Lets all hope and prey that this next firmware update is nothing short of miraculous!

I picked up the RC Pro this past week to go along with the Mavic 3. While I’m in 7th heaven with the controls and screen, I do agree that it’s frustrating I can’t just run off and bind it to my Air 2S directly so I can pick up either and fly when I want. Fingers crossed for soon!
Not only that, but you can't have your Mavic 3 bound to both your RC Pro and your Mavic 3 RC-N1 at the same time for purposes of your Refresh Fly Away coverage. You have to re-pair it with each remote when you change remotes, and then rebind it to the aircraft online, or it says it will completely lock you out after 5 flights!

On the SC, as I understand it, the SC could be paired with multiple aircraft simultaneously, and you merely selected the aircraft from the main menu. Can anyone confirm that?

You are not alone. Nobody understands the logic that allowed a flagship drone 3 years older than the Mavic 2 to be released in such a rushed and unfinished state.

Lets all hope and prey that this next firmware update is nothing short of miraculous!
Another irritation-inducing shortcoming is the wobbly hyperlapse in windy conditions. They need to fix that, and also add cruise control to hyperlapse. Important features that was present on the M2. Maybe minor issues but pretty bad unless fixed in Jan update.

Not only that, but you can't have your Mavic 3 bound to both your RC Pro and your Mavic 3 RC-N1 at the same time for purposes of your Refresh Fly Away coverage. You have to re-pair it with each remote when you change remotes, and then rebind it to the aircraft online, or it says it will completely lock you out after 5 flights!

On the SC, as I understand it, the SC could be paired with multiple aircraft simultaneously, and you merely selected the aircraft from the main menu. Can anyone confirm that?
when you switch AC with the SC you need to pair SC to the AC you switch to, each time. It is however a very simple process that takes just a few seconds.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

You can only ever have one RC linked to to a drone otherwise if 'the other' remote was inadvertently powered up it would cause some serious interference, its done for safety. The re-bind is for flyaway insurance, it forms part of the T's & C's of that insurance offered by DJI as part of the warranty.

The original SC allowed you to link the controller to more than one aircraft & then select the aircraft you wished to fly, but if you linked any of your aircraft to another remote you would have to re-link the aircraft to the SC to be able to use it again.

The RCPro does not yet have aircraft management that will no doubt be coming in future updates. Given the technology involved I would expect that the RCPro will be able to link with any of the current DJI line up that can use the RC-1N controller.

You can only ever have one RC linked to to a drone otherwise if 'the other' remote was inadvertently powered up it would cause some serious interference, its done for safety. The re-bind is for flyaway insurance, it forms part of the T's & C's of that insurance offered by DJI as part of the warranty.

The original SC allowed you to link the controller to more than one aircraft & then select the aircraft you wished to fly, but if you linked any of your aircraft to another remote you would have to re-link the aircraft to the SC to be able to use it again.

The RCPro does not yet have aircraft management that will no doubt be coming in future updates. Given the technology involved I would expect that the RCPro will be able to link with any of the current DJI line up that can use the RC-1N controller.
Thanks for the clarification of how the original SC operates. Being able to select from any of the RC-N1 controlled aircraft on the RC Pro would be awesome. One remote. Many aircraft. Vastly improved control options and much greater power.

Reactions: oztx
Another irritation-inducing shortcoming is the wobbly hyperlapse in windy conditions. They need to fix that, and also add cruise control to hyperlapse. Important features that was present on the M2. Maybe minor issues but pretty bad unless fixed in Jan update.
I use cruise control with Hyperlapse every time I use it. You simply need to assign it to C1/C2 on the RC Pro. If you were referencing RC-N1, it's been a month or so, I can't recall if the update was out before I got RC Pro, but on Air 2 it was assigned to a double click of Fn. As to wobbly in windy conditions, how do you propose they fix that as it's the aircraft moving in the wind?

I meant the RC Pro! That's great, will test it soon. Last time I looked it was not possible to assign cruise control to C1/C2. If this now works, and I have no reason to doubt you, it will be the final nail in the coffin for my old M2.. probably. Thanks for letting me know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ