DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro & future plans..

Darkabaz

Reactions
Guys,

I am looking for a rc pro controller. Now it is compatible with air2s and m3. The price is sky high, so i am looking to futuristic plans. It is not worth it for me to pay 999€ with the known that there are possibilitys that as example mini 3 pro or m4 are not suitable with the rc pro. Just buying it for crappy only m3 is not enough.
What you guys think how long the rc pro will stay working with newer drones too in the couple next years...
And how about the backward compatiblity? M2p? Any possibility's you think guys?

Last edited:
Guys,

I am looking for a rc pro controller. Now it is compatible with air2s and m3. The price is sky high, so i am looking to futuristic plans. It is not worth it for me to pay 999€ with the known that there are possibilitys that as example mini 3 pro or m4 are not suitable with the rc pro. Just buying it for crappy only m3 is not enough.
What you guys think how long the rc pro will stay working with newer drones too in the couple next years...
And how about the backward compatiblity? M2p? Any possibility's you think guys?
If buying it "only for the crappy M3" [sic] "is not enough" then don't buy it. Its future function with any other drone, other than the Air 2S, is entirely speculative.

P.S. It's a great controller, and the M3 isn't crappy, IMHO. YMMV.

The RC Pro is great, the Mavic 3 is exceptional. I have had it for about 2 weeks and regret waiting, The improvement in my photography for Commercial Real Estate is a game changer. I do hope DJI supports the Mini 3 very soon.

I’m running both the M3 and Air 2S currently on this controller and it has perform flawlessly. I am sure the new Mini 3 Pro will be supported as this is expected along with future aircraft.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I’m running both the M3 and Air 2S currently on this controller and it has perform flawlessly. I am sure the new Mini 3 Pro will be supported as this is expected along with future aircraft.
I am using the RC pro with my Air 2s with much improvement in controll. The ease of set up is great as I used to fly with an iPad mini 5. I do miss the screen size but the smooth flight control is the best upgrade and it is super bright in sun. I’m hoping it will be like the SC and become comparable with my Air 2 as well.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I am using the RC pro with my Air 2s with much improvement in controll. The ease of set up is great as I used to fly with an iPad mini 5. I do miss the screen size but the smooth flight control is the best upgrade and it is super bright in sun. I’m hoping it will be like the SC and become comparable with my Air 2 as well.
This is music to my ears. I just ordered the A2S FMC with the RC Pro remote. Going to be a long wait until Tuesday.

I ordered from Best buy and got the smart controller too. I seen a lot of people posting that if u order it, you'll get the upgraded RC Pro controller. I'm a little confused. Also, isn't the RC pro supposed to b better?

Yes. That's exactly why I ordered. Supposedly, if the order was fulfilled through the DJI store at Amazon you'd get the RC. However, based on post-delivery follow-up, it seems that the supply chain issues ended about the first of April.

I guess they were out of Smart Controllers so they were substituting the RC Pro. Unfortunately for us, they fixed the problem and started shipping SCs again. For now, I haven't experienced any of the range/latency issues people have complained about. I have a trip to Hawaii next month and I'm hoping for the best.

I'm also considering grabbing a standard controller to take as a backup.

Yes. That's exactly why I ordered. Supposedly, if the order was fulfilled through the DJI store at Amazon you'd get the RC. However, based on post-delivery follow-up, it seems that the supply chain issues ended about the first of April.

I guess they were out of Smart Controllers so they were substituting the RC Pro. Unfortunately for us, they fixed the problem and started shipping SCs again. For now, I haven't experienced any of the range/latency issues people have complained about. I have a trip to Hawaii next month and I'm hoping for the best.

I'm also considering grabbing a standard controller to take as a backup.
Thanks. So if u order from amazon now, do u get the RC Pro?

I would not expect the RC Pro.

I guess it was just a brief period. I spoke with another seller and they said they hadn't seen any Smart Controllers. They've been discontinued for a while. They were surprised I got one. :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121