DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro has IP address, but no internet?

TeddyBozeman

Reactions
Has anyone else had issues with their RC Pro connecting to their WiFi, getting an IP, but not having any internet? I have an Asus XT8 Mesh system, and this is the most frustrated I've been with technology in years. It connects to my wifi just fine, but refuses to connect to the internet. I got it to connect to my phone's hotspot just fine, and it downloads just fine from my phone's hotspot. If I do an unsecured, open guest network, it still doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas? This is just depressing. :(

Check your security protocol, WPA2 Personal should work. Try turning off randomized Mac address, as well as whether it's trying to do direct WiFi. I don't have one, but these are a few thing to check. Also make sure the RC Pro is not trying to be a Hotspot. All that comes to mind. I never has issues with the original SC, but I just sold it to get the RC Pro. Good luck. When you find out what it was, can you put the solution here for others who may experience the same issue?

Tried basically everything, the one and only thing that solved it, was assigning it a static IP. Your guess is as good as mine as to which device is at fault. :)

Make sure your router have DHCP enable and is not filtering MAC address. You can also make reservations with the RC Pro controller MAC address. Other wise just keep the Static IP, Subnet and Gateway set manually. This sounds more like a home network issue than the RC controller.

Make sure your router have DHCP enable and is not filtering MAC address. You can also make reservations with the RC Pro controller MAC address. Other wise just keep the Static IP, Subnet and Gateway set manually. This sounds more like a home network issue than the RC controller.
Yup, DHCP enabled, no filtering at all; as was the case with my old Netgear Orbi and the PS4, I think the RC Pro and the Asus XT8 system don't like each other very much :) At least it's figured out now!

Yup, DHCP enabled, no filtering at all; as was the case with my old Netgear Orbi and the PS4, I think the RC Pro and the Asus XT8 system don't like each other very much :) At least it's figured out now!
Depending how you have configured the band 5.8. For example if you have enable 160hz Apple devices does not talk that. You need 80hz for the apple devices or to make sure just set 20-40hz the channel to make it more compatible.

Tried basically everything, the one and only thing that solved it, was assigning it a static IP. Your guess is as good as mine as to which device is at fault. :)
I have noticed similar behavior on my RC Pro with an ASUS RT-AX89X which is solved temporarily by using a static ip. The problem is that even when the RC (in Android) is set to use the device's MAC address, it still seems to randomize the last 4 digits of the MAC address when reconnecting to my network. This means I have to assign a new static IP every time I want to reconnect to the router. It seems to me that you cannot really turn off MAC randomizing in the android version on the RC. Very frustrating.

Any network/android gurus know why this is happening?

I have noticed similar behavior on my RC Pro with an ASUS RT-AX89X which is solved temporarily by using a static ip. The problem is that even when the RC (in Android) is set to use the device's MAC address, it still seems to randomize the last 4 digits of the MAC address when reconnecting to my network. This means I have to assign a new static IP every time I want to reconnect to the router. It seems to me that you cannot really turn off MAC randomizing in the android version on the RC. Very frustrating.

Any network/android gurus know why this is happening?
Have you disabled "randomize mac address" on the controller?

Yes, I set the RCPro to use the MAC address, not to randomize. It still connects to my network with a randomized address.

But here is the kicker...
The remote now connects to the network reliably after setting a static ip address with the ASUS web GUI. But, it connects with a different MAC and ip address each time. This makes no sense to me.

Another variable is that I could not get a stable connection when I renamed the RCPro client in the ASUS web GUI. Somehow I believe renaming the device along with the apparent randomization confuses the ASUS network somehow.

It is recognized as an Atheros Communication Inc device by the ASUS router, and I would recommend that if you have difficulty connecting an RCPro to your network to:

1) Change your wifi security on all network WIFI devices to WPA/WPA2 Personal
2) Set a static ip address in your router using the address you can find under WIFI settings for your network on the RCPro android network settings (Click the gear icon, then Advanced)
3) Do not change the name of the device in the routers client list (at least with my ASUS router). Leave it as the "Atheros Communication Inc".

To sound a common complaint, these issues with my network appear to be a release of an unfinished product. I should not have to settle for WPA2 when the rest of my devices work fine with WPA3. It is a minor complaint but frustrating after spending the coin on this drone.

Still having a blast flying it...

Hi - I have the same problem here with RC Pro and Asus AX92U mesh.
Wifi security set to "WPA2 personal".
RC Pro MAC set to "use device MAC", but each time I reconnect to the same wifi, somehow RC Pro randomize it's MAC again, and router assigns yet a different IP to the RC Pro. Been adding different Static IP with no success.
No luck yet in getting any internet on the RC Pro. I check using the Firefox and DJI Fly app (by going to academy).
Really frustrated, can only connect to my phone hotspot.
Any help appreciated!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54