DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Now Compatible With Mini 3 Pro!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just came across this in some other network groups. Good news if it is! And if so, Is there any better range associated with the update?
I don't have my M3P kit with me at this time to download or test.
2BAAD472-59A0-45B3-BA25-2A4DDCED64EA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
just did the update ,just be aware that all the batteries for the Mini 3 need to be updated as well,the one in the drone gets updated during the initial update

I only update firmware once the quick-to-update youtubers post their reviews. I learned that the hard way after getting that broken compass issue introduced a firmware ago..

Reactions: Brojon and Mervyn
It does seem to work on the Mini 3 Pro -- what I wasn't expecting is that both the Mavic 3 and the Mini 3 Pro appear to be bound to the RC Pro controller and I can pick either aircraft without unbinding the one not in use.

The one thing I do see is an "Inconsistent Firmware" message each time I change aircraft -- it takes about 10 seconds and then connects to the aircraft as normal.

Last edited:
DJI needs to put out a list of their controllers with built in screens starting with their Crystal Sky and which drones they are compatible with. They become obsolete so fast that it is difficult to keep up.

Reactions: CCYooper
It does seem to work on the Mini 3 Pro -- what I wasn't expecting is that both the Mavic 3 and the Mini 3 Pro appear to be bound to the RC Pro controller and I can pick either aircraft without unbinding the one not in use.
Yeah, Its the same with the Mavic 3 and Air 2S. I have all three. Not really a big deal though. I go back in forth all the time.

Reactions: CCYooper and oztx
Now they just need to sell the Mavic 3 as a standalone and customers will have every option. I want to add a M3 to my M3P but it doesn't make sense to pay for another controller and never use it.

Now they just need to sell the Mavic 3 as a standalone and customers will have every option. I want to add a M3 to my M3P but it doesn't make sense to pay for another controller and never use it.
On topic: I have updated my RC Pro and waiting for a Mini 3 Pro to be delivered later this week.

Off topic: I think I want the RC to be updated for the Air 2S so that I can sell the one that is coming with the Mini 3 that I cant see myself using. At least not at this point unless I took it with me for travel vs the RC Pro. I still think the RC Pro will be the only controller I use. I also have the RC-N1 that came with an Air 2S prior to the one I have now. I really need/want to condense this down to the smallest package with two drones, maybe just one.

On topic: I have updated my RC Pro and waiting for a Mini 3 Pro to be delivered later this week.

Off topic: I think I want the RC to be updated for the Air 2S so that I can sell the one that is coming with the Mini 3 that I cant see myself using. At least not at this point unless I took it with me for travel vs the RC Pro. I still think the RC Pro will be the only controller I use. I also have the RC-N1 that came with an Air 2S prior to the one I have now. I really need/want to condense this down to the smallest package with two drones, maybe just one.

It's probably not as simple as it seems with all the supply/labor issues still leftover from COVID, but it sure would be nice to just have every O3 capable drone compatible with every O3 capable remote, and everything sold individually as well as a kit. I think they would sell more drones if people could just buy the RC or RC Pro and 2-3 different standalone drones. It does look like they're headed in that direction so fingers crossed.

Just did the update on my RC Pro and the Mini 3 Pro is now in the menu of selectable drones. I have been wanting to get a sub 250g drone for a while to replace my aging Spark and have been hoping that DJI would release an update for the RC Pro so this is great news. Now I just have to get the drone only package and I will be all set.

Chris

Reactions: GadgetGuy
The advantage is... brighter screen and better range for the mini 3 ? I won't bother buying one but just curious.

Reactions: Junebug Petty
The advantage is... brighter screen and better range for the mini 3 ? I won't bother buying one but just curious.
Brighter screen definitely, convenience is another, customizable buttons another, likely better signal stability too. Range doesn’t matter to me as I wouldn’t be flying out of VLOS anyway.

The fact that DJI has made the M3P compatible with the RC Pro has made an expensive but excellent controller even more worth it and the fact that DJI has released the M3P as a drone only package is great. I must admit I became a little worried when the M3P was released with the new DJI RC with the built in screen. I was worried that they were not going to make it compatible with the RC Pro in which case I would have just used my RC-N1 controller that came with my Mavic 3.

All is good now.

Chris

Not sure about the range, that is to be determined but the RC Pro has external antennas so in theory maybe. Main difference is brighter screen, faster processor, more buttons for quick access to features, more robust build, and if you already own one you used with Mavic 3 or Air 2S you can now add the Mini 3.

I will leave this but @Chrislaf beat me to it.

Reactions: christheswiss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas