DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC pro picture transfer

Lees23

Reactions
Can someone please explain to me, like I am 5, how to transfer pictures/videos an RC Pro to an iPhone? I wanted the RC pro so I didn’t have to mess with using my phone, but now I don’t see a way to transfer pictures out of the RC.

Reactions: bkushner
RC Pro is Android. Apple HATES Android and will not play nice. From what I have heard the newest IOs will allow SOME transfers. But not sure of the procedure.

RC Pro is Android. Apple HATES Android and will not play nice. From what I have heard the newest IOs will allow SOME transfers. But not sure of the procedure.

DJI had a really good solution with the Android/Apple compatibility (or should I say incompatibility) with the Smart Controller for those drones using DJI Go in "Go Share". Was easy to transfer shots between Smart Controller and iOS devices. Not sure why that functionality never made it to the drones using the Fly App, if it was because DJI never got to it, or some technical issue.

Still a bunch of work around to move data, probably best one is to use an intermediary spot like Google Drive, OneDrive, or moving stuff to the SD card and getting a card reader for the iOS device. Nothing elegant, but they had it before, so maybe we'll get lucky one day.

I am using the Files app by Google as a workaround. It's similar to the Files app on the RC Pro, but sharing is much easier. The only issue is my phone insists on using Nearby Share, which the RC Pro doesn't seem to have either. A quick delete app cache in Files setting does the trick.

But Lordy, so many workarounds. I just want the file off the drone, via the RC Pro, to another device. And skip the steps of DJI viewer, then export from device gallery, then export to App gallery, then export from app gallery to local storage, THEN share from Google Files to where you want to go (in my case, NAS). DJI has made this way way way too hard.

I don't have an iPnone.... But I use an iPad to deal with all my family that have one....
The Solution is an "OTG" adapter!!!
This allows you to connect an Thumb-drive to both devices..
or and sd card reader......
It's are recognized as an external storage one either device.

So you file explorer to grab the files from the RC Pro and drop on the Thumb-drive
Use the Files app on your iDevice to grab the files from the Thunb-drive..

Good Luck

I dont know if theres a better way to do this but .... here's how I did it. Is very roundabout to me and not streamlined as it should be

1. I edit the video/mastershots on the RC Pro and then

2. click the download button on the RC pro to get the entire video on to the controller. I turn the Mavic 3 off now.

3. I had to go to files... then select the videos and select copy... then copy them on to the microSD card

4. I can take the microSD out of the controller and put it into a reader connected to my MacBook Pro

5. you can now drag and drop the files on to your Mac.

6. Airdrop them to the iPhone -they are large files... like 78 megabytes for a 44 second edited MasterShots video

my instagram is @scotchandwaller if you have any questions that you want to ask me about it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123