DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro right scroll wheel customization?

dmcgrew

Reactions
On my old Smart Controller for the Mavic 2 I used the right scroll wheel on the remote to adjust the camera's aperture. I cannot figure out how to do this with the RC Pro and Mavic 3. In fact, I can't find a way to make the right scroll wheel do anything at all. Is there no way to make the right scroll wheel do anything or am I just not finding it in the settings?

The right wheel is used for zoom and can't be customized.

In video mode, you can adjust between 1x & 2x

If you have Explore Mode on, you can freely adjust zoom between 1x & 28x in video & photo modes.

Last edited:
On my old Smart Controller for the Mavic 2 I used the right scroll wheel on the remote to adjust the camera's aperture. I cannot figure out how to do this with the RC Pro and Mavic 3. In fact, I can't find a way to make the right scroll wheel do anything at all. Is there no way to make the right scroll wheel do anything or am I just not finding it in the settings?
You'll have to use the 5 way button for exposure compensation, locking the other exposure parameters, leaving aperture control as the only variable.

The right wheel is used for zoom and can't be customized.

In video mode, you can adjust between 1x & 2x

If you have Explore Mode on, you can freely adjust zoom between 1x & 28x in video & photo modes.
What exactly is Explore mode?

Explore mode switches to the Mavic 3's second camera, which is 7x optical zoom / 28x digital zoom. The dial lets you switch smoothly between different zoom levels.
Actually, Explore mode uses the main camera from 1x to 4x, and only uses the telephoto camera when it jumps from 4x to 7x for 7x-28x.

Reactions: drjmax
Perhaps there will be a firmware upgrade which will allow the mysterious "C3" button (far upper right corner next to the zoom scroll wheel) to allow for aperture control? Fingers crossed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22