DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro SIM?

gcopter1

Reactions
So yesterday, I bought an A2S, Fly More, RC Pro bundle.
Previously, I've owned a Phantom, Spark, M2 and the FPV.

Haven't flown it yet, awaiting on a set of DJI goggles... ;)

Reading here and there, I've seen posts mentioning something about using a sim card for internet access.
Looking at my RC Pro, I see no place to install a sim card.

Was this, sim card ability, available in previous iterations of the smart controllers?

I saw the options greyed out in the settings for the RCP. I would love to put a si in mine for 14 a month with our current family cell plan. I have not noticed a sime card slot but I am flying and mainly look at the screen adn drone when flying.

I was just curious about that topic and removed two screws to take a look under the hood of the RC Pro.
Looks like that a separate 4G module will go in there in the future which will hold the SIM card and will be connected to that male USB C sticking out from the right and to that antenna cable.

What do you think?
Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 22.21.04.png

Yes, those connections are for the 4G Cellular module DJI has for the Mavic 3 series. Allows for control and video signals over the cellular network when the O3+ connection is degraded (flight behind an object or at far distances). One module goes into the RC Pro and another attaches to the Mavic 3 via a 'backpack' system they designed with a short USB-C cables that plugs into the drone. Both modules require SIM cards and a cellular subscription. However they will never be for sale in the USA market. My understanding is that they are only for sale/use within mainland China.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929