DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC PRO VS. RCN1 .....FIGHT!

Rocker4jmav

Reactions
This is my personal experience with both.

(I am one of the M3 owners with RcPro disconnects)

RcN1:
1.No disconnects ever solid connection
I can use auto dual or 2.4ghz with no disconnects, not so on my rc pro.
2. Great range
Cons
1. Requires extra device - more bulky longer setup time
2. Less range than RcPro
3.Reliant on quality of your device(could be a pro could be a problem)

Rc Pro
1. A lot More range than RcN1
2. 1080 60fps display 120ms latency
3. Hdmi clean out
4. Sticks feel very nimble and responsive if you setup your gimble and yaw sensitivites and smoothesness levels right it's a very smooth flight
Cons
1. My biggest problem..disconnects when using in transmission Auto-Dual or 2.4ghz. 5.8ghz has no problem and no disconnects. The problem here is that the default is set to Auto-Dual transmission every time you turn the remote on so therefore it disconnects often. (I usually turn on rc pro and go straight to 5.8ghz asap to avoid any disconnects.
I would like the benefit of Auto switching to 2.4ghz if I needed it without having a disconnect.
2.Since you're not using your phone you will need to use a Hotspot to load your maps or check for updates also not sure how well find my drone would Workout having to connect a Hotspot after losing the drone?

I know I left some things out please everyone let me know your experiences!
I might have got a bad Rc pro but I would like to know all of your experiences to verify that.
I also would like to mention I'm in the Dfw area of Texas if that has any bearing on signal interferences. I am looking forward to everyone's input!!!

You forgot to mention the weight difference. This is the reason I picked RC-N1, and not Pro.

RC Pro: 680g
RC-N1 : 390g (fixed)

Last edited:

Really.

Just to give folks some idea of how heavy the RC Pro actually is - I pair my RC-N1 with Samsung S21 Ultra. It is a very big phone with 6.8" screen. The combined weight is 349g, about half of the weight for RC Pro.

Really.

Just to give folks some idea of how heavy the RC Pro actually is - I pair my RC-N1 with Samsung S21 Ultra. It is a very big phone with 6.8" screen. The combined weight is 349g, about half of the weight for RC Pro.
You sure about that?

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I just so happen to have a Samsung S21 Ultra and some controllers laying around... I guess the 512MB version of the Ultra is a lot heavier with all them extra bytes...

View attachment 1644557519334.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I just so happen to have a Samsung S21 Ultra and some controllers laying around... I guess the 512MB version of the Ultra is a lot heavier with all them extra bytes...

View attachment 143754

You are right. Looks like I got the wrong spec for RC-N1. Just received an official response from DJI support, the weight for RC-N1 is 390g.

By the way, can you take and share a photo with S21 Ultra and RC Pro controller together, side-by-side? I am very curious to see what is the screen difference (6.8" v.s. 5.5") between the two, in real world usage.

Last edited:
I am pro Rc Pro. I don't have the disconnect issue, but I did with stock controller in urban enviro.
The upgrade really improved my range issues.

Reactions: jforester
I am pro Rc Pro. I don't have the disconnect issue, but I did with stock controller in urban enviro.
The upgrade really improved my range issues.
I really like mine, I just wish the speakers were louder... and I could sideload Litchi from the Play Store not Amazon App Store.

Reactions: bonzo
You are right. Looks like I got the wrong spec for RC-N1. Just received an official response from DJI support, the weight for RC-N1 is 390g.

By the way, can you take and share a photo with S21 Ultra and RC Pro controller together, side-by-side? I am very curious to see what is the screen difference (6.8" v.s. 5.5") between the two, in real world usage.
20220211_062909.jpg

Reactions: Jarhead 96097
Maybe a silly point but u did have the antenna perpendicular to the LOS on the RC Pro. I’ve found with the older Smart Controller, it can disconnect or loose telemetry quite easily if the antenna are not positioned correctly. Maybe the reason the changed the antenna design on the new RC Pro

Thanks very much for the comparison image. Personally I prefer the screen presentation on S21 Ultra - the main UI elements are bigger, and more user friendly. The white balance and color are also more accurate.

In outdoor, sunny environment, can you tell the difference between two screens, in terms of brightness? I know RC Pro can stay at 1000 nits constantly. But S21 Ultra can also stay at ~890 nits constantly, and go as high as 1500 nits if needed.

But the weight of rc-n1 goes up when adding a device no?

For most people, that device is called mobile phone, and everyone has it wherever they go. Switching to RC Pro only makes the total travel weight go up.

Plus, if you pair RC-N1 with a flagship phone (e.g., Samsung S21 Ultra), you get a much bigger screen (6.8" vs. 5.5") with less total weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: UAVquadman
For most people, that device is called mobile phone, and everyone has it wherever they go. Switching to RC Pro only makes the total travel weight go up.

Plus, if you pair RC-N1 with a flagship phone (e.g., Samsung S21 Ultra), you get a much bigger screen (6.8" vs. 5.5") with less total weight.
Yeah and it's about 34g lighter. That's about 3 Sharpies or not much to brag about. And the S21 screen is wider but not taller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60