DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro worth the money and work with AIR 2S?

JamesJB

Reactions
Hi I heard and read that the Smart Controller had problems with the software freezing etc.

Is the RC Pro better and will it be compatible with the Air 2S and someday the Mavic 3 Zoom not Cine it costs way too much lol, Also can ya still put other apps on the RC Pro?

Just want to make sure it's worth the $1270.94 total with tax added. Planning on saveing for it,hate useing my phone for the screen.

Sorry for dumb questions.

Last edited:
You could side load other apps, but I wouldn't bother, not until I'm out of warranty anyways. It's built for flying the drone and manipulating the cameras and that's all I need it for. I'm keeping the RCN1 for using automated flight apps like DroneDeploy and Drone Harmony, in hopes they release the SDK for those features.

I just got one the other day from Amazon for $1300 with a memory card. If it was $1800 there is no way I’d buy it. I don’t know how they put out a device that has the option to share photos to social media sites without having the ability to install those apps on the device… I mean… If there is a link to facebook as an option then load facebook on the device if you aren’t going to let me do it.

The display is the only thing that justifies the purchase so far…. But as of right now I don’t have the ability to get content to my Apple devices without purchasing something else… Oh, and transferring via Bluetooth doesn’t work either.

I just got one the other day from Amazon for $1300 with a memory card. If it was $1800 there is no way I’d buy it. I don’t know how they put out a device that has the option to share photos to social media sites without having the ability to install those apps on the device… I mean… If there is a link to facebook as an option then load facebook on the device if you aren’t going to let me do it.

The display is the only thing that justifies the purchase so far…. But as of right now I don’t have the ability to get content to my Apple devices without purchasing something else… Oh, and transferring via Bluetooth doesn’t work either.
Oops my bad it's $1270.94 with tax on Amazon,not sure why I thought it was $1800 lol.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Oops my bad it's $1270.94 with tax on Amazon,not sure why I thought it was $1800 lol.
I thought you had found one of Air 2S Flymore Combo's with the RC Pro for $1800.
Still worth it, even if yoy have to buy it separately, if you plan on eventually getting a Mavic 3. So many more extra programmable buttons on the RC Pro so you can keep your hand on the sticks for complex maneuvers, while adjusting zoom and gimbal elevation simultaneously.

Reactions: bonzo and JamesJB
I still find it strange that they offered the RC Pro with the Air 2S when I got it in December, but apparently, now only with the older Smart Controller. What's with that?
There were no SC's available, so DJI substituted the new RC Pro in the Flymore Combo pack for $1750. As soon as SC's became available, they were substituted back. It was a one time deal! $1200 RC Pro controller for only $550 in the bundle!

I posted a question in this forum about photo cacheing, maybe there isn't much traffic, sorry to hi-jack this one... But maybe you know, are you able to get your photos to cache on the RC Pro? I can only get the videos to cache not matter what I do... so far like you the only thing this controller is good for is the screen, sigh...

so far like you the only thing this controller is good for is the screen, sigh...
You don't have any use for the second scroll wheel, the C1, C2, C3 buttons and the 5 way button, and combinations of the above with the left button?

Reactions: KLRSKIR
You don't have any use for the second scroll wheel, the C1, C2, C3 buttons and the 5 way button, and combinations of the above with the left button?
exactly its not just the brighter screen ..its also the customized buttons which are awsome....i use all of them .

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I’m sure it will grow on me once I get it setup the way I need it. But I can’t dismiss the first reaction of how inefficient the device is to move files or install apps. Considering the price, it shouldn’t be this much of a hassle.

exactly its not just the brighter screen ..its also the customized buttons which are awsome....i use all of them .
Myself, I really couldn’t care less about the brighter screen. I fly during the golden hour and usually have it turned down to 25% brightness. It's the convenience, portability, and ergonomics of an integrated device and RC, but mostly all the the extra customized buttons and scroll wheel that allow me to keep my hands on the sticks at all times, while controlling everything, just like on the M2P controller.

I’m sure it will grow on me once I get it setup the way I need it. But I can’t dismiss the first reaction of how inefficient the device is to move files or install apps. Considering the price, it shouldn’t be this much of a hassle.
Compare that to the first and final reaction to the $150 RC-N1, with a single scroll wheel and only a single customizable button, sold to control a $2200 drone! It was designed for the $400 Mini 2! RC Pro was specifically designed for the Mavic 3. It just couldn’t be included at the entry price point of $2200.

I have a New RC PRO Smart Controller that i purchased separate when i bought my Mavic 3. I flew with it 2 times, and havent used it since due to my poor eyesight. The range was awesome, and everything was great. I will part with it for the right price if anyone is interested send me a message. ( I can Not sell it cheap, but i can save you some money versus buying a New one.) It was purchased direct from DJI. I have the box, and all paperwork . Everything is there as if you ordered it from DJI. MINT CONDITION, i also have all 100% EXCELLENT FEEDBACK on here, EBAY, and FaceBook. So no worries on getting scammed.

I have a New RC PRO Smart Controller that i purchased separate when i bought my Mavic 3. I flew with it 2 times, and havent used it since due to my poor eyesight. The range was awesome, and everything was great. I will part with it for the right price if anyone is interested send me a message. ( I can Not sell it cheap, but i can save you some money versus buying a New one.) It was purchased direct from DJI. I have the box, and all paperwork . Everything is there as if you ordered it from DJI. MINT CONDITION, i also have all 100% EXCELLENT FEEDBACK on here, EBAY, and FaceBook. So no worries on getting scammed.
This should be posted to the classifieds section with an asking price.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N