DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rc Remote hook / claw to hang Christmas lights on tree

Pp09nlk2n

Reactions
Next Christmas I'd like to try carrying a string of Christmas lights up to a tree outside via my Mavic.

Setting aside for a moment how dumb this probably is and the logistical issues to overcome, I want to start by exploring the technical one:
I would need some sort of lightweight hook or quick release mechanism to be able to remotely let go of the string of lights when placed on the tree.

I'd rather not reinvent the wheel as I assume something must already exist out there. Any suggestions?

(And of course, we can all discuss how stupid this would be, how I'm likely to crash the drone,w the many safety precautions I would need to take, and I'll eventually decide not to do it because of these reasons- but a fun hypothetical to discuss nonetheless)

Reactions: hychewright
Not stupid at all, I think it would depend on how long of a string of lights that you plan to hang and knowing how much weight the Mavic can lift of course. As for the release, I don't know but I'm sure someone on this forum has entertained the same idea an can help you on that. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Not stupid at all, I think it would depend on how long of a string of lights that you plan to hang and knowing how much weight the Mavic can lift of course. As for the release, I don't know but I'm sure someone on this forum has entertained the same idea an can help you on that. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Well... It's at least a little stupid. ;)

I agree, keeping an eye on weight and also balanced distribution of that weight would be important. I was thinking about tying four short strings to the base of each of the Mavic legs and then uniting them at a knot directly underneath it and attaching the hook/lights string to there. Would have to disable downward positioning.

Well... It's at least a little stupid. ;)

I agree, keeping an eye on weight and also balanced distribution of that weight would be important. I was thinking about tying four short strings to the base of each of the Mavic legs and then uniting them at a knot directly underneath it and attaching the hook/lights string to there. Would have to disable downward positioning.
That's right and make sure sensor's are off of course. It would be nice to find out they make some sort of release mechanism (light weight) that would work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1