DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC signal

bradjm924

Reactions
hey everyone...

Just recently I've noticed that I'm starting to get a bad signal feed and my rc signal moving to yellow to red awfully quickly. Is this a known issue or has anyone else seen this happening?

I do attach strobes on the arms rotating front to back and I do also have landing gear on the legs.

It happens with both my phone or tablet.

Is something wrong with my controller or drone or is this just normal.

I do fly in the city most of the time.

Thanks for the help.

It's not just you. OcuSync 2.0 seems to fall off very quickly: it goes from 100% signal to disconnecting without much warning.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Some people found out that it is due to the recent firmware update and/or the new version Dji fly app. It reduced the range. For me, it reduced maybe 10%.

hey everyone...

Just recently I've noticed that I'm starting to get a bad signal feed and my rc signal moving to yellow to red awfully quickly. Is this a known issue or has anyone else seen this happening?

I do attach strobes on the arms rotating front to back and I do also have landing gear on the legs.

Thanks for the help.
There are so many different factors that can be causing your issue. We would definitely need more details to help you figure this out.

Have you tried changing your environment and flying from a different location?

Have you removed all the strobes from the drone?

Tried a different cable?

Reset Fly app to defaults?

I can go on for a while, but this is a start for now.

Some people found out that it is due to the recent firmware update and/or the new version Dji fly app. It reduced the range. For me, it reduced maybe 10%.
I must have missed it, are there a bunch of threads on here referring to these issues? Mind sharing some links?

There are so many different factors that can be causing your issue. We would definitely need more details to help you figure this out.

Have you tried changing your environment and flying from a different location?

Have you removed all the strobes from the drone?

Tried a different cable?

Reset Fly app to defaults?

I can go on for a while, but this is a start for now.
I did change locations and same result. Technically I did change cables because I used both my phone and tablet. Same result. I also changed arms i put the strobes on. I didnt reset the app... do you mean delete and reinstall?

I did change locations and same result. Technically I did change cables because I used both my phone and tablet. Same result. I also changed arms i put the strobes on. I didnt reset the app... do you mean delete and reinstall?
No, not delete and uninstall, but instead reset all the app settings to default. I'm not sure if there's a 'Reset to defaults' within the app, but you can easily do it by clearing the cache for the app, which will remove all the custom settings. If you're not sure how to clear the cache for an Android app, just Google it. Try that first before reinstalling.

No, not delete and uninstall, but instead reset all the app settings to default. I'm not sure if there's a 'Reset to defaults' within the app, but you can easily do it by clearing the cache for the app, which will remove all the custom settings. If you're not sure how to clear the cache for an Android app, just Google it. Try that first before reinstalling.
Thanks.just cleared it. Won't know how it works till I get out to fly next time. I'll update if it either did or didn't work. Thanks!!

I don't want to hijack this thread and will make my own if needed. I was about to post about this same thing. I took off from my house and hit about 200ft then went about 1.5 miles from my house. The video started getting real choppy. I'm still new to this so my heart stopped for a second and I turned around and came home. I understand not getting 11.5 mile range except in perfect conditions. But is 1.5 miles normal in a suburb?

That's only about half a mile. Maybe it's the electric lines or something causing interference. ?

I thought that but I remember getting over 4200 without an issue before because I had my max distance set to that.
This just seemed to have come out of nowhere. I reset the app but haven't had a chance to take it out since. I dont know

I don't want to hijack this thread and will make my own if needed. I was about to post about this same thing. I took off from my house and hit about 200ft then went about 1.5 miles from my house. The video started getting real choppy. I'm still new to this so my heart stopped for a second and I turned around and came home. I understand not getting 11.5 mile range except in perfect conditions. But is 1.5 miles normal in a suburb?
Not all suburbs are created equally. Yes that might be perfectly normal in that particular location, but you have to understand there are so many different environmental factors that can have an effect on the range.

A quick simple test to do is try flying from a different location? Are the results the same?

We can speculate all day long, but it's probably easier to go do some tests so more information can be gathered first.

I reset my app and I got the same results. Same locations as well. Im still hoping it's not a broken connection with either my controller or drone itself. I would think not since I get no other error messages and the homepoint always works. So I still don't get it.

I had one other weird thing happen... when there is a manned aircraft nearby. It speaks to me in Chinese. its the only time it does that.

Have you updated the drone, remote, and batteries to the latest firmware? If no, I suggest doing so. If yes, I would Refresh the firmware on the drone and remote using the DJI Assistant software on your computer.

Yes all firmware is up to date. I check every time I turn on before I fly. I have to rely on that since I don't have a computer. Just my phone and tablet... unless I can do that through the tablet. Not really sure how to do that to be honest since I never tried that

Yes all firmware is up to date. I check every time I turn on before I fly. I have to rely on that since I don't have a computer. Just my phone and tablet... unless I can do that through the tablet. Not really sure how to do that to be honest since I never tried that
You need either a Windows or Mac system to run DJI Assistant (2). Simple as download, install, run software, plug in Drone to computer, select Refresh and it will reinstall the firmware.

hey everyone...

Thanks for the help.
Hi, Did you know there are the drone antennas in the front arm of the Mavic Air 2 ? ... try removing all the Landing gear and any other after-market pieces?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929