DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re-center gimbal

WNYDroner

Reactions
Good morning. First I want to thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I find very useful information on here.
I do have a question. I learned that if you tap the "Fn" button twice on the MA2 remote it re-centers the gimbal which is a great feature. When I re-center my gimbal re-centers but at the same time moves to a 90* down angle instead of staying at the gimbal degree it was at. Is there a setting to have the gimbal just move back to center at current angle degree instead of pointing down?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Good morning. First I want to thank you all for sharing your knowledge. I find very useful information on here.
I do have a question. I learned that if you tap the "Fn" button twice on the MA2 remote it re-centers the gimbal which is a great feature. When I re-center my gimbal re-centers but at the same time moves to a 90* down angle instead of staying at the gimbal degree it was at. Is there a setting to have the gimbal just move back to center at current angle degree instead of pointing down?
Thanks!
My experience is you can toggle between 0 degrees forward and 90 degrees down. Anybody correct me if I’m wrong.

Thank you for your input. I think I'm explaining wrong,. My apologies. After touching the screen and moving the gimbal from side to side (say at 30*) angle)on the MA2. I double tap the Fn button and the gimbal quickly centers and points straight down to 90*. Is there a setting to double tap and gimbal recenter but stay at the 30* angle it was at?

Thank you!

Do you mean for the Gimbal to move to 0 degrees vertically, but remain at 30 degrees horizontally? If so, I’m not aware of anyway to do that. I believe it is either 0,0 or 0,90 downward. Again, others?

Yes Parrotoid that is what I'm asking (in a poor way) :(
I looked in the app and customizing the button only changes how many presses to either turn light on and off or recenter the gimbal.
Thanks!!

The short answer is no, it only works as described...vertically.

Thanks!
I have both the MA2 and mini as well and have been trying to figure out the same. Doesn’t seem to have a way to set it on the mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54