DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RE: Huge dilemma with DJI return home policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

abellodentro

Reactions
I'd like to call the attention of some people on this post who called me troll, Brojon, and arrogant (colinfowler I havealready told you to be sorry for the language in a reply. I was and I am quite frustrated).

I'd like to let you that I am not a troll all I have written is the same and I have posted the same on the DJI blog.

Just because I did it with the other email I was logged on it doesn't mean I am a troll. i did it by mistake.

You are creating a world of your own in your mind taking the defense of DJI and blasting me for being a stupid, naive, arrogant pilot.

If you judge this behavior the same way DJI judges the flight record then I am sure the credit car company will get my money back.

AshleySv, who wrote a long email to all the points, well quiet interesting but I don't have the product in hand. I can't send anything back to them. They have to come to my place and search for it, or they have to try and see If am still flying it somehow. Also, I know that and I have tried to reconnect the app after pressing repeatedly that button too. As far as I am concerned what I understood is.
Man you spent 1300€ the product doesn't comply with the spec, please fly VLOS, also after the first RTH warning with 62% you wan't have anymore the chance to get the drone closer. I mean, are we joking? Is this the fab latest piece of super technology from DJI?

Fact is that I want the money back because the product wasn't as advertised and moreover: I LOST IT. There is nothing I can send back to them.

I hope, this post will help beginners, I have seen some of them with a bit of common sense understanding where I was coming from as by the results of the research they made the flyaway problem is quite common.

So I hope this post will persuade DJI to change their spec. Being fairer and try to help beginners moving their first steps

Some people who replied to this post make me laugh so much. You can send fly it at 7km in perfect weather conditions but DJI suggests not to keep it VLOS LOL

I see, a bit like when you push people to smoke then write on the pocket that this could cause lung diseases.

Do we want a world that keep being hypocritical on marketing?

I was expecting much more support from this post but the super clever pilots are too good to understand a rookie.

A

I'd like to call the attention of some people on this post who called me troll, Brojon, and arrogant (colinfowler I havealready told you to be sorry for the language in a reply. I was and I am quite frustrated).

I'd like to let you that I am not a troll all I have written is the same and I have posted the same on the DJI blog.

Just because I did it with the other email I was logged on it doesn't mean I am a troll. i did it by mistake.

You are creating a world of your own in your mind taking the defense of DJI and blasting me for being a stupid, naive, arrogant pilot.

If you judge this behavior the same way DJI judges the flight record then I am sure the credit car company will get my money back.

AshleySv, who wrote a long email to all the points, well quiet interesting but I don't have the product in hand. I can't send anything back to them. They have to come to my place and search for it, or they have to try and see If am still flying it somehow. Also, I know that and I have tried to reconnect the app after pressing repeatedly that button too. As far as I am concerned what I understood is.
Man you spent 1300€ the product doesn't comply with the spec, please fly VLOS, also after the first RTH warning with 62% you wan't have anymore the chance to get the drone closer. I mean, are we joking? Is this the fab latest piece of super technology from DJI?

Fact is that I want the money back because the product wasn't as advertised and moreover: I LOST IT. There is nothing I can send back to them.

I hope, this post will help beginners, I have seen some of them with a bit of common sense understanding where I was coming from as by the results of the research they made the flyaway problem is quite common.

So I hope this post will persuade DJI to change their spec. Being fairer and try to help beginners moving their first steps

Some people who replied to this post make me laugh so much. You can send fly it at 7km in perfect weather conditions but DJI suggests not to keep it VLOS LOL

I see, a bit like when you push people to smoke then write on the pocket that this could cause lung diseases.

Do we want a world that keep being hypocritical on marketing?

I was expecting much more support from this post but the super clever pilots are too good to understand a rookie.

A
ahh back again.
just out of interest have you also reappeared on the DJI forum, were you displayed the same arrogance and inability to take on ANY dialog that did not agree with your ranting on exactly the same issue.

"You are creating a world of your own in your mind taking the defense of DJI and blasting me for being a stupid, naive, arrogant pilot."

I never called you an arrogant pilot.
I called you an arrogant person, that you have again successfully confirmed. this is MY opinion and not that of this MAVICPILOTS forum or moderators

Last edited:
I am sorry but again you didn't get it.
I couldn't write on the other blog and wanted to make sure I replied everyone and reassured to someone I am not a troll.
Have a lovely day.

ahh back again.
just out of interest have you also reappeared on the DJI forum, were you displayed the same arrogance and inability to take on ANY dialog that did not agree with your ranting on exactly the same issue.

"You are creating a world of your own in your mind taking the defense of DJI and blasting me for being a stupid, naive, arrogant pilot."

I never called you and arrogant pilot.
I called you an arrogant person, that you have again successfully confirmed. this is MY opinion and not that of of this MAVICPILOTS forum or moderators

Still, you called me arrogant based on the **** that according to your pilot opinion I am an idiot. Nothing wrong with that. Just take your responsibilities like DJI should do on my case...

How much do you consider yourself to be at fault?
I want to know a number. 0%? 20%?

I am a newbie. I don't want to lose a valuable piece of equipment. I don't understand why you take risky behaviour then blame DJI for it.

Reactions: REDAGITATOR
I'd say 20% for being a risky newbie who based his experience on the specs on the box.

So, if they are fair they will at least come back with 75% discount or refund.

Thanks

I'd say 20% for being a risky newbie who based his experience on the specs on the box.

Thanks
should I try again, oh what the hell.
I feel sorry for anyone that has lost there drone, but.

this is the dji mavic add you are going on and on about, this is not small print, its a full page.

The DJI Mavic Pro is a small yet powerful drone that turns the sky into your creative canvas easily and without worry, helping you make every moment an aerial moment. Its compact size hides a high degree of complexity that makes it one of DJI’s most sophisticated flying cameras ever. 24 high-performance computing cores, an all-new transmission system with a 4.3mi (7km) *range, 5 vision sensors, and a 4K camera stabilized by a 3-axis mechanical gimbal, are at your command with just a push of your thumb or a tap of your finger. *Unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant.
you were not unobstructed, you were not FCC compliant

Reactions: REDAGITATOR
Totally agreed with you so why not adding a message like they do for Military Zone, as they do for when you turn on Sport mode as they do when you try to set it higher then 500m. Still their fault.

The DJI Mavic Pro is a small yet powerful drone that turns the sky into your creative canvas easily and without worry, helping you make every moment an aerial moment. Its compact size hides a high degree of complexity that makes it one of DJI’s most sophisticated flying cameras ever. 24 high-performance computing cores, an all-new transmission system with a 4.3mi (7km) *range, 5 vision sensors, and a 4K camera stabilized by a 3-axis mechanical gimbal, are at your command with just a push of your thumb or a tap of your finger. *Unobstructed, free of interference, when FCC compliant.

So that * will cost me 1300€. Are you winding up mate!!!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER.

Totally agreed with you so why not adding a message like they do for Military Zone, as they do for when you turn on Sport mode as they do when you try to set it higher then 500m. Still their fault.

So that * will cost me 1300€. Are you winding up mate!!!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER.
sorry mate, no im not winding you up!!!! YES YES YES

Thanks
20%? They should do something to minimise the risk!! Shame on them! /a

How you think that should minimise their risk? How about they force you to go on a weekend course for $360 to ensure that you are properly trained for your first flight?

This whole thing is just infuriating on so many levels. You have someone who clearly did not do any research before buying the Mavic, who then proceeded to push the range limits, fly it well beyond their capability, bypassed every warning the drone gave, and wants to push the blame on someone else. On top of all this, you have very knowledgeable people here who are trying their best to help them, yet they completely ignore it. This is exactly the type of behavior than can ruin this hobby for everyone involved. It makes me miss the days where you would spend weeks building a heli, and months learning how to fly it. You still had "these" type of people around, but very, very few because of the steep learning curve involved.

20120716_170327.jpg

20%? They should do something to minimise the risk!! Shame on them! /a

How you think that should minimise their risk? How about they force you to go on a weekend course for $360 to ensure that you are properly trained for your first flight?
Yup. To minimize their risks (and ours) the thing to do is to make sure you never touch a drone again before you got proper training, certainly not make it easier for you to get an opportunity to do the same mess again.

Never reward stupid actions and deliberate misinterpretation, quite the opposite.

i learned a very valuable lesson from this thread
RTFFFFFM! and then RTFM AGAIN

Yup. To minimize their risks (and ours) the thing to do is to make sure you never touch a drone again before you got proper training, certainly not make it easier for you to get an opportunity to do the same mess again.

Never reward stupid actions and deliberate misinterpretation, quite the opposite.
My phone screwed up. It autocorrected my sarcastic tag /s into the non-sensical /a

This whole thing is just infuriating on so many levels. You have someone who clearly did not do any research before buying the Mavic, who then proceeded to push the range limits, fly it well beyond their capability, bypassed every warning the drone gave, and wants to push the blame on someone else. On top of all this, you have very knowledgeable people here who are trying their best to help them, yet they completely ignore it. This is exactly the type of behavior than can ruin this hobby for everyone involved. It makes me miss the days where you would spend weeks building a heli, and months learning how to fly it. You still had "these" type of people around, but very, very few because of the steep learning curve involved.

View attachment 28622
Did you build that one? I found even the toy ones were very difficult to fly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada