DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

reading glasses

fjrmurph

Reactions
I need reading glasses to read or use my cell phone .I have to take them off to see distances or to drive. How is everyone doing this with the phone on the controller , i would need my glasses to see my phone , then would have to take them off to see the drone ?
Getting old sucks !!!!

Reactions: davery87
I need reading glasses to read or use my cell phone .I have to take them off to see distances or to drive. How is everyone doing this with the phone on the controller , i would need my glasses to see my phone , then would have to take them off to see the drone ?
Getting old sucks !!!!
7.85 Crystalsky Ultrabright monitor. ?

Amazon has bi-focals where the bottom is the strength of your reading glasses and the rest of the lens is just glass. There’s sunglasses like that as well. I have both and they work great.

Reactions: JAW and VortexSpin
My brother always says, "Getting old is not for sissies!"

They also make stick-on magnifiers that can be placed on sunglasses (or other glasses).

Reactions: sadatoni
like you i need glasses for close up work but my long sight is good for my age when i fly i slide them down my nose then i can look down to see the display and up to see my mav mine are presciption glasses i tried some bifocals,but could just not get on with them at all

I have a couple pairs of Costa Sunglasses with readers in them. Absolutely love the glasses. I also have a Smart Controller.

If you don't want to spend $150 on glasses look here..... Reading Sunglasses

I have tri focal glasses since some weeks. Perfect. I had to use my glasses for far distances and take them off for reading. But the Computer was to close with glasses and to far without. With the tri focals its perfect now. Basically the upper part of each glas is for the far distance, the center part is for medium like computer screen and the lower part of the glasses is for reading.

I know that it sucks to get older, but the alternative is even worse...

Getting old sucks !!!!

Bifocals are the way to go, I have two pairs. One for reading and seeing computer screen, the other for reading and distance. I don't need glasses to drive or see distances but the distance lens on second pair makes everything at distances crisper.

I'm curious how glasses work with goggles. I haven't tried a set yet.

Old is your head, I'm 62 and wonder when am I going to start feeling old?

Bifocals are the way to go, I have two pairs. One for reading and seeing computer screen, the other for reading and distance. I don't need glasses to drive or see distances but the distance lens on second pair makes everything at distances crisper.

I'm curious how glasses work with goggles. I haven't tried a set yet.

Old is your head, I'm 62 and wonder when am I going to start feeling old?
I just bought the DJI goggles and I wear bifocals. Can't focus on the screen. Caved in and ordered the DJI lens inserts. Haven't been able to use the the goggles yet. Can't find reading glasses that work for me.

Getting old sucks !!!!
Well now is MY time to be the expert here!! I am a retired ophthalmologist (38 years of solo practice). My office and I have performed thousands of refractions as well as LASIK surgeries and other eye surgeries. I am now happily retired and love flying my Mavic Air.

Your problem is called PRESBYOPIA or old eyes. You can easily get a custom pair of drone glasses measured to be in focus specifically for your near distance (the iPhone or tablet or controller). Just ask your eye care provider (ophthalmologist, optometrist) to measure your near working distance and keep that pair of glasses for drone flying. The tops of the glasses canoe plain glass, or any prescription (refraction) you have for distance. I'll be happy to answer any questions regarding this.

I have a pair of Bi-Focal Sun Readers I use fishing that also work great for bright flying days.

If its not bright out, I put slim glasses on the end of my nose. If its bright out, I add sunglasses as you can see out beneath them and wear two pair at the same time....?

I had some difficulty seeing the smart phone screen in bright light, what appears to be a common problem. Sunglasses simply made everything dark. Was diagnosed as having early stage cataracts. Had surgery on one last week, second this week. Things will improve further but at present I'm reading pretty well without assistance of glasses for the first time in many years. Everything is much brighter and using sun glasses, so far, the smart phone screen seems more legible under all conditions. Will know more in a few weeks whether worth the effort.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett