DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready for water and inflight failure

Got the pontoons and parachute for some over water action!

This set up over the Rescue Jacket :( You should still have a blast but keep your first flight under 12 to 15 minutes as your set up as a sail boat , so just be aware of drift if your chute deploys.

at least you should have something left to send in for your care refresh , good luck with your flights ,hope your efforts save the day,,just not my cup of tea , dont mean to sound grumpy or offend you

You are in a hover, what about when flying and say the gimbal has to
adjust say because of the wind.Might you see them then.
I see my legs at times doing certain patterns and the wind tilts my drone. Might not be a issue for how you fly or what you want to do.
All you can do is give er a go and see how she does.
Good luck and remember if you like it that’s all that matters. ?

Definitely eats up battery though, unstable flight characteristics
That looks like an aerodynamic nightmare.
You'd better hope there's no wind.
Are you able to give any details of how unstable it is or impact on speed and battery time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Once you get out of IGE, it's stable during forward flight. At a hover, it's definitely working harder to stabilize. As far as battery power, I had a full charge and it hit critical status in about 15 minutes

You are in a hover, what about when flying and say the gimbal has to
adjust say because of the wind.Might you see them then.
I see my legs at times doing certain patterns and the wind tilts my drone. Might not be a issue for how you fly or what you want to do.
All you can do is give er a go and see how she does.
Good luck and remember if you like it that’s all that matters. ?
I'm only putting these on when I film my friend in his boat. They suck up alot of power

I'm only putting these on when I film my friend in his boat. They suck up alot of power
I'm always amused to see this sort of thing.
Do you strap a cushion under the drone to fly over hard ground?
If the drone goes down over any surface, it's toast.
But it doesn't fall when flying over dry land, so why the great fear that it's going to fail over water?

I'm always amused to see this sort of thing.
Do you strap a cushion under the drone to fly over hard ground?
If the drone goes down over any surface, it's toast.
But it doesn't fall when flying over dry land, so why the great fear that it's going to fail over water?
I have a parachute I need to fly with as well. I'm an Army Aviator, flew Apaches. I need redundancy. That and if does crash, atleast I can recover and use my DJI care lol

I have a parachute I need to fly with as well. I'm an Army Aviator, flew Apaches. I need redundancy. That and if does crash, atleast I can recover and use my DJI care lol
I do almost all my flying over the ocean.
Being able to fly at normal speed, for normal flight time and deal with wind is my most important safety feature.

I don’t understand why everyone is giving him a hard time. A floating drone will 100% be easier to recover a drone at the bottom of the water. And hey, why not have a parachute? If you can react fast enough, that $1500 is gonna hit the ground a lot softer. I fly a mini so I’m not as worried as I would be if I had a M2P, but redundancy and precautions are always good. You never know when something can go wrong.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme