DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

real battery life of MA or issue with the drone it self?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjphoto888

Reactions
Hello everyone, this is my first drone and I'm not really satisfied with the battery life, is just usually 15 min of flying time and I have bought an extra OE spare battery and is kind off the same flying up 15 max 17 when I had drained the battery completely. so my questions for of all you is, what is your experience with battery life on MA and if someone here that have knowledge of issues relate to drone itself. thank you all for any information.

15min it's a pretty average flying time, with 30% battery left on landing in my case, with stock dji props.
thx, I just I had read people talking abot 17-19m so I was concern, but thx a lot for your feedback

It depends of many factors like wind, temperature, the way you fly, ect... Sometimes I managed to get 18-19min with the same percentage of battery left on landing but 15-17min is the day to day flying average.

Hello everyone, this is my first drone and I'm not really satisfied with the battery life, is just usually 15 min of flying time and I have bought an extra OE spare battery and is kind off the same flying up 15 max 17 when I had drained the battery completely. so my questions for of all you is, what is your experience with battery life on MA and if someone here that have knowledge of issues relate to drone itself. thank you all for any information.
15 Minutes is fairly average. Here is a comparison I did between Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. It was just a hover test so your "mileage" may vary depending on your flying style.

Reactions: Cjphoto888
loads draining battery charge amounts to flight duration: propulsion sucks juice delivering pounds of air thrusting, intel microprocessor burns waste heat out into the radiated blower that sucks juice too, and intelligent flight computations via polling geo-satellite and rc signal transceiver also sucks juice.
some factory units are more efficient, sort of having best of bestest parts. a cool temperature running drone is superior over a hot running one, for certain. those get max flight durations esp when fine tuned in software.

I never push the battery to its limits. Once I hit 30% I start wrapping it up. At 20 I'm either on the ground or descending towards it. The battery life on the Air (like other drones to be fair) is no where close to the published flight times. One three batteries I am figuring I get just north of 40 minutes.

the white microdot displayed on the battery running status of flight progression is the "failsafe" turnaround time for returning?

15/ 16 is about the best I can get. Back on the ground with 25%

Reactions: solarguy
Flying at an altitude of about 2000m above sea level and in 28C, I get only about 12 minutes of flight time. Altitude and temperature affect battery performance significantly.

Thanks folk for posting the above. Newbie to Mavic Air - 5 flights only. I have the combo pack and one of the original batteries was DOA at purchase. It has been replaced. I have flown all three good batteries and they all seem to give similar flight times - I am getting 12 minutes with no special power thrusting.. around 14 deg C and little wind. I don't let the flight pack get down to below 30%... I have a firm belief that this reduces battery performance and life. My Mavic Air might be a little more consumptive of power than the bulk of the population. I have just updated all software - and it took ages. Can anyone tell me if this is likely to improve battery consumption. Much appreciated, frats Rosco - Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks folk for posting the above. Newbie to Mavic Air - 5 flights only. I have the combo pack and one of the original batteries was DOA at purchase. It has been replaced. I have flown all three good batteries and they all seem to give similar flight times - I am getting 12 minutes with no special power thrusting.. around 14 deg C and little wind. I don't let the flight pack get down to below 30%... I have a firm belief that this reduces battery performance and life. My Mavic Air might be a little more consumptive of power than the bulk of the population. I have just updated all software - and it took ages. Can anyone tell me if this is likely to improve battery consumption. Much appreciated, frats Rosco - Melbourne, Australia.
I had read somewhere on this forum that the new batterry efficiency will improve after so many charges, as apparently this is a normal for the LiPo's. I am sure more than few ppl has had this opinion and some even has claimed that this was the case with their new batteries.

Thanks fella's... I'll report back if I see anything change... seems, I'm getting around 12 min when I hit the 30% battery warning - just on P mode... not ventured into sport yet.... frats, Rosco

Hi guys,
any thoughts on whether the video sucks battery as well. I tend to have it recording all the time just in case I get that magic shot during editing. When doing this I typically get close to 13 mins starting at 100% finishing around 28%. Also, with hover tests does having the drone up where the avoidance sensors are definitely off (I think around 50m) vs close to the ground or next to a wall where it might be doing auto adjusts all the time make a difference. Thanks

I would never set up a Litchi flight for more than 15 minutes with my MA. I have nearly lost it twice when pushing this boundary. My friends with Mavic 2 get at least 5 minutes more of safe flight above 30%. This is one of the trade offs that I made for the portability of the MA.

I'm with most of the above - I only fly until I get the warning that there's about 25% battery life left and I bring my drone home straight away, with a bit to spare. Usually it's around 15 minutes of flying with each battery. I bought the combo pack and then a few weeks later my hubby bought me a 4th battery for my birthday (couldn't have been happier)! :D

So with four batteries I get ample flying time. I'm still a rookie so I'm now trying to pick my shots before I fly so I don't waste too much flying time working out what shots I will take.

Hi guys,
any thoughts on whether the video sucks battery as well. I tend to have it recording all the time just in case I get that magic shot during editing. When doing this I typically get close to 13 mins starting at 100% finishing around 28%. Also, with hover tests does having the drone up where the avoidance sensors are definitely off (I think around 50m) vs close to the ground or next to a wall where it might be doing auto adjusts all the time make a difference. Thanks
Nope, none of these have any significant effect.

DJI's quoted flight time is just unrealistic as usual. They quote it as the maximum possible ever flying all the way at the max efficiency point and landing at 0% the second before it shuts down and falls down like a brick... which is stupid.

Flying at an altitude of about 2000m above sea level and in 28C, I get only about 12 minutes of flight time. Altitude and temperature affect battery performance significantly.
Climbing vertically cost energy quantified by the prescribe mgh where m mass g gravitational acceleration constant and h height from datum of rest point. So battery gotta provide it plus wasteful inefficiencies that entity has so dearly optimized to extend flight time

Cold winter flying gets more battery endurance? Hot summers flying ruins batteries irreversibly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji