DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real Estate Commercials

theAlexanderGraham

Reactions
Hello All,

I've found my Mavic useful enough in my trade as the owner of a home inspection business that I've used some of my free time to shoot property for local real estate professionals whom are friends. Before releasing them in final form to the agents for feedback, I thought I'd offer a group of people intimately more familiar with the Mavic and its video capabilities a chance for some feedback as well.

The intention of the commercials are too be roughly 60 seconds in length. Something the agent could post on various social media outlets that aren't overly detailed or long, yet still engaging. Let me know what you think!

0 AEDC Road

0 Ragsdale Road

Reactions: Vilco
I’ve got some feedback, but first...I want to know what app you used to draw the lines over the video outlining the plat.

Here’s a quick video I made for my father-in-law. Probably not great. I didn’t take the time to put any graphics or audio on it.

My feedback on yours is to ditch the 3D font. Too hard to read. I’d also probably try cut the length down a little bit. I’d use a simpler font at the end as well.

Last edited:
I think you're on a good track. It's a little long and I'm not fond of the text you're using during the video. But I think if you changed those it would be very professional. What software are you using for editing?

Thanks to all so far. I'm in agreement on the text. Part of me was slightly enamored with learning the workings of Final Cut Pro X, so I added some liberties I wouldn't normally put in a client video (3D Shadowed Text) for the purposes of gaining experience using the software. Apple seems to have an endless supply of fonts. Sometimes I feel as I've been looking at font's for ten minutes and just finally settle on one.

I brought up the same point when another client asked for the 60 second time frame, as I feel it's a bit long for it's purpose, especially in the context of social media.

Here’s a quick video I made for my father-in-law. Probably not great. I didn’t take the time to put any graphics or audio on it.

My feedback on yours is to ditch the 3D font. Too hard to read. I’d also probably try cut the length down a little bit. I’d use a simpler font at the end as well.

That shot at around 19 seconds was awesome! I would have had no idea that house was anywhere near the mountains until you did that reveal!

That shot at around 19 seconds was awesome! I would have had no idea that house was anywhere near the mountains until you did that reveal!

Thanks! It made me think for a second, because I don’t really consider the house to be “near the mountains”, but I guess to most people it would be. Everything is close to the mountains here [emoji16]

Last edited:
I have a few tips. 1 is to tell a story.. start with establishing, show the context of the home and some nice features nearby. Lifestyle. Park,.etc.

but be sure to not just do aerials. if you don't have an osmo or a camera with a slider, grab your drone, get close. use foreground of flowers to reveal the property and other features from different angles.

Then, its common to use a pull away at the end of a video.

OP, you did well with empty lots. sometimes you can use surrounding areas to add some context to it, since its hard to work with.

I have a few tips. 1 is to tell a story.. start with establishing, show the context of the home and some nice features nearby. Lifestyle. Park,.etc.

but be sure to not just do aerials. if you don't have an osmo or a camera with a slider, grab your drone, get close. use foreground of flowers to reveal the property and other features from different angles.

Then, its common to use a pull away at the end of a video.

OP, you did well with empty lots. sometimes you can use surrounding areas to add some context to it, since its hard to work with.

Much appreciated. I agree that it's pretty hard to create a narrative when you're looking at an empty 25 acre commercial plot of dirt.

The second video tells a better story in my opinion considering it's near wildlife management areas, has a building site already cleared, etc.

Very nice videos. As a graphic designer many years ago, I can assure you keep the font simple, especially for informational purposes. Simple Ariel or halvetica would do the trick (stay away from scripts and fancy fonts). I like the outline of the property as it really enhance the use of the drone to show protential client what they're getting.

You have a great location and property, so try to showcase that more on your video. I would suggest using wider shots to capture the house along with the mountains in the background. Overall your shots are too tight so the audience wouldn't able to get the "wow" factor of its location. Also, I would suggest using less gimbal movements on your shots while the drone is moving. Keep the shots simple and steady.

I'm pretty new to this property drone video too and I did a freebie for my aunt's house. It was a pretty hard location to shoot since the house was surrounded by very tall trees. Let me know what you guys think.

You have a great location and property, so try to showcase that more on your video. I would suggest using wider shots to capture the house along with the mountains in the background. Overall your shots are too tight so the audience wouldn't able to get the "wow" factor of its location. Also, I would suggest using less gimbal movements on your shots while the drone is moving. Keep the shots simple and steady.

I'm pretty new to this property drone video too and I did a freebie for my aunt's house. It was a pretty hard location to shoot since the house was surrounded by very tall trees. Let me know what you guys think.

Very cool. The only thing I didn't care for were the two shots where the footage is greatly sped up. The changes in altitude are really evident at this speed.

It's a cool shot that I'd like to incorporate, but I've been struggling with myself for reasons above. Hard to make it look smooth.

Very cool. The only thing I didn't care for were the two shots where the footage is greatly sped up. The changes in altitude are really evident at this speed.

It's a cool shot that I'd like to incorporate, but I've been struggling with myself for reasons above. Hard to make it look smooth.
Yea, those were intentional speed up shots due to the length of those particular clips and I was trying something fancy to go along with the music temple. I'll probable re edit this video when I have some more free time. Gotta sell the house haha

I was on my cell when i posted earlier, so it was hard to post, but here's some of the real estate shoots I've done over the years if you'd like some ideas on approaches and cinematic movements at least I have found to be flattering to the properties. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Like many said above, I think you can trim it down a bit, and you can use a font that is easier to read.

Maybe shave 10 seconds from each, and use the font from the first video on the second video.

Other than that, they look great.

I was on my cell when i posted earlier, so it was hard to post, but here's some of the real estate shoots I've done if you'd like some ideas on approaches and cinematic movements at least I have found to be flattering to the properties. Hope this helps.

Freakin pro, I'd say. Good job!
You kept a reasonable drone footage vs on-foot footage ratio, that makes it classy a lot

Freakin pro, I'd say. Good job!
You kept a reasonable drone footage vs on-foot footage ratio, that makes it classy a lot
Thanks my friend. I've been in film for a long time. Drones are amazing, but they are a tool. Slider, Ronin, and drone are all just tools, and one is never the best choice for everything.

Thanks my friend. I've been in film for a long time. Drones are amazing, but they are a tool. Slider, Ronin, and drone are all just tools, and one is never the best choice for everything.

Awesome video! Those are some truly beautiful properties. Wish I had some stuff like that in my area to video.

Agree on mixing up the content a bit. I recently got an Osmo that I'd like to try and use to incorporate a better mix of drone and on foot video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian