DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real Estate Video?

MitchWI

Reactions
Hello all, first post and very new to drones. I have had a lot of help reading on this forum, so thank you for that.

I recently purchased the Mini to get my feet wet. I love it. My intentions are to just video properties for real estate advertising. The Mini takes really nice photos and video; but I feel this could be improved, and the range is a little disappointing (that could be because the properties are mostly wooded and I stand on the edge and have no line of sight within 1 minute).

I have no desire to use these things for racing, ‘follow me’ or tricks. I just want good, stable HD video.

Now, I know a lot of you are thinking ‘why did you buy a 2.7K drone and not a 4K then?’ The answer is the same as above; just wanted to get my feet wet.

My question for you MA2 guys, do you think this might be a better option for what I’m looking for? Obviously more $$$ = Better video/photo quality but since I’m only shooting properties at a considerable distance I don’t think I need a super HD unit with more options than I will ever use.

What do you all think? I appreciate the help!

If the only thing you are unhappy with is the range then the Air 2 should not disappoint you. The Air 2 and Mavic 2 use OcuSync 2.0 and the range is just super. My CE-mode M2P can go behind a building and the radio connection can still be maintained although I suspect that the radio signal reached the drone by reflection instead of penetrating through the building :

The Mavic Air 2 is great and much more solid of a platform than the Mavic Mini. Especially if you are in an area where it can be windy, the MA2 is far less likely to blow away. The newly added "digital" zoom feature on the Mavic Air 2 also lets you zoom in to frame your shots from a distance, which is a nice bonus.

(also don't forget you most likely need a Part 107 certificate if you are shooting real estate videos)

MitchWI, if you are using the video and photos for commercial gain( i.e. real estate advertising) you would technically need a Part 107. I doubt it will ever come up, but just an FYI.

I have a Mavic Air 2 and love it. The Mini 2 specs look awesome for such a small package. But I personally like to fly significant distances to and around an area, so speed for me is a big factor. I was flying with someone that had a Mini and was surprised about the time and battery it took for them to get the same location.

Also being larger and having more power definitely helps with the wind. I took the Mavic Air 2 out in 19 mph winds just to test it. It was definitely a lot slower going into the wind and ate up battery but I made it the difference on the return with the tail wind. It seemed to be less effected by cross wind than the Mini when flying with 5 mph winds and gusts of 12 mph. When we compared footage I never saw any gusts effect the video on the Mavic Air 2 but could see some random destabilization and correction on Mini.

This is no knock on the Mini. I am thinking about getting a Mini 2 as it now will have Occusync 2.0. I fly for fun and to recon different locations out of pure curiosity. The compact size and compatibility high probability of compatibility with the Smart Controller are very enticing.

First off WELCOME to the forum :) Glad to have you on board.

If you fly for ANY reason other than hobby/recreational you need to get your Part 107 and register your aircraft under the Commercial side of the DroneZone portal. Not only is that the law but many MLS will not accept "Drone Content" without some type of verification that the operator has Part 107. I wish ALL MLS would go this route but many rogue Realtors would pitch a fit.

If the only thing you are unhappy with is the range then the Air 2 should not disappoint you. The Air 2 and Mavic 2 use OcuSync 2.0 and the range is just super. My CE-mode M2P can go behind a building and the radio connection can still be maintained although I suspect that the radio signal reached the drone by reflection instead of penetrating through the building :

Why was the directional arrow not matching the drone video movement?

At 14 seconds look at the AC arrow in the lower left. At 30 seconds watch it turn yet the drone is not, and so on.
That's because the controller is being moved. The direction of the arrow relative the the symbol "N" ( represents where the North is ) at the edge of the orientation/attitude indicator remained constant.

Reactions: MA2 317
At 14 seconds look at the AC arrow in the lower left. At 30 seconds watch it turn yet the drone is not, and so on.

It looks like the pilot is walking around the drone.

Here's a video explaining the Attitude Indicator.

That's because the controller is being moved. The direction of the arrow relative the the symbol "N" ( represents where the North is ) at the edge of the orientation/attitude indicator remained constant.
Exactly, my bad. That is something I have never done so it didn't cross my mind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag