DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real name authentication / log in - Altitude zone - Height restriction

Davidmito

Reactions
Hi all, I have been having issues with my MM since Monday. Everywhere I go the top left of my fly app states i'm in an altitude zone - which I am not, I have even checked this on the flysafe website. I have spoke with DJI and sent them the following screenshots and they claim that I am flying in a restricted zone. I have flown at these locations many times without any issue's. Anyone got any idea's as it's getting really frustrating now as I can not seem to get a clear answer and all I want to do is get out and fly, especially since the weather is so great. I have tried logging out and back in, un-installing the app and re-installing etc...no joy. ????

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200528-162715.jpg
    Screenshot_20200528-162715.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20200526-142559.jpg
    Screenshot_20200526-142559.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20200526-142638.jpg
    Screenshot_20200526-142638.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 59
No, it topped out at 29m as you can see in the screen shot. I have tried in several different places (home and at work - 35miles apart), same result.

Not cool :(. You're not accidentally in payload mode? Does it lock on to 10+ satellites? How about trying to fly indoors so it has no GPS. Does it still say it's in an altitude restricted zone? Lastly, with everything powered up and ready to fly, try asking the app to update the flysafe database (in the 3dots menu, top right). you'll need a wifi connection or mobile data to do this.

Edit: I see in one of the screenshots you've got 18 satellites so that's not the problem. From the error messages it sounds like it's not happy with your login, so is restricting your height. Perhaps try creating a new DJI account and see if that works? Or try a few variations of logging out, flying indoors/outdoors logged in/logged out.

Last edited:
I had a very similar problem recently. The app restricted me to flying height and distance. Once I got home, and logged into DJI, all was good. Might I suggest you put a complaint into DJI ?

Hi all, I have been having issues with my MM since Monday. Everywhere I go the top left of my fly app states i'm in an altitude zone - which I am not, I have even checked this on the flysafe website. I have spoke with DJI and sent them the following screenshots and they claim that I am flying in a restricted zone. I have flown at these locations many times without any issue's. Anyone got any idea's as it's getting really frustrating now as I can not seem to get a clear answer and all I want to do is get out and fly, especially since the weather is so great. I have tried logging out and back in, un-installing the app and re-installing etc...no joy. ????
Any resolution? I have the same issue using my iPhone 11 Pro. When I try on an old Android phone, no issues with restriction.

I have been flying my MM on my property in the mountains of Pa. since Christmas with no problems flying up to 386 feet. All of a sudden its saying real name authentication, altitude zone. And will not let me go higher than 98 ft. There are no restrictions here. I'm not in payload mode either. What up?

Reactions: shaneb50
Same here as well [emoji26] this has never happened to me before. I could not go past 30m and I was logged in. I made sure my settings were at maximum on distance and 109m for altitude height. [emoji26] was very strange

I have this problem too, with the Air 2. It helps if you put your phone in airplane mode. Either log out on the Dji site and log in again, and then do the same on the app. It's mainly a login problem, and I hope they get a fix there soon

Had the same thing. IMR calibration didn’t do it for me, going offline did ... but that didn’t seem to be a real solution.
I then noticed that I was “close” to a restricted airzone ( 800m ) and max flight distance was set to 1220 m... after I lowered this to 300 m ... everything was working.

So I would try lowering yr max flight distance setting ... VLOS is far enough ?

Hi. I am in Canada. I have a mini 2. Got it for Christmas. I have had this message from the very first outside flight. I have called DJI help numerous times. They told me to send the drone back to California which I did. When it came back the problem was not fixed. The only difference between the case stated here and mine is that after I get the restrictions, I return it, turn off both the controller and the drone, and then fly again. Almost every time this fixes the problem

Has anyone found any resolution to this issue? Tried everything and still have the issue…

Brand new Mavic Air 2 and have the same issue. Cannot fly more than 50 meters (horizontal) and 30 meters (vertical). I get the same message ("Log in or go to real-name authentication") despite being logged in and having the drone linked to my account. What a bummer! Seems like this issue affects many based on all the various forum posts I've seen. I'm on latest firmware (remote, drone) using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

Has anyone found any resolution to this issue? Tried everything and still have the issue…

Brand new Mavic Air 2 and have the same issue. Cannot fly more than 50 meters (horizontal) and 30 meters (vertical). I get the same message ("Log in or go to real-name authentication") despite being logged in and having the drone linked to my account. What a bummer! Seems like this issue affects many based on all the various forum posts I've seen. I'm on latest firmware (remote, drone) using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
It is indeed an unpleasant situation, especially with new devices ... the only solution so far is to put your phone on airplane mode. Then the drone can fly without restriction.

Hello. I bought brand new air 2s and have same problem ...but friend take me a solution (maybe)

Just go to flysafe-website-fe, log in with your dji account and do "background certification".

Here is night right now but tomorrow i try it. But it seems, its only iphone problem ...i switched iphone 11 pro to friend galaxy s10 and everything works fine ....

Hello. I bought brand new air 2s and have same problem ...but friend take me a solution (maybe)

Just go to flysafe-website-fe, log in with your dji account and do "background certification".

Here is night right now but tomorrow i try it. But it seems, its only iphone problem ...i switched iphone 11 pro to friend galaxy s10 and everything works fine ....
I have this "Background certification" but the problem remains

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom