DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Really cheap Rechargeable light addon for mavic mini diy(under 2$)

DrizzyDrones

Reactions
Ok so i bought these led dog collar lights at the dollar store they are USB recharchable has two different flashing speeds or constant on and u can get all different colours.. the shell easily comes apart and ur left with a small board button batter and charging port.. they are pretty bright .. weighs 4 grams but it is a pretty big button battery in sure it can run on a smaller thinner one... i mean its dollarama not sure if it was 1 or 2 dollars .. just throwing it out there in case anyone wants a cheap light ill attach pictures and a vid of the brightness edit it would not let me attach the video the picture of the light on Doesnt do it justice and it has fast blinking strobe effect slower blink .. this is in daylight /well lit room .. no issues with brightness especially when low light conditions 7804F1D8-17BF-4CAB-BC3A-5633DC1938F1.jpeg1F5ED9C7-3F87-403F-9A76-349147E88791.jpeg2E784F56-76CE-4181-95DA-1AC0A24A01A4.jpegBBEC5C24-5171-488C-BA91-C2D3A9DB2DA4.jpegimage.jpg

I have just tested it and i had no problem seeing the light when flying out 600m and i could definitely went further i placed it on the battery cover to advoid obstructing the sensors and I figure right on the back i will see it alot further than the bottom because the back is always facing ob way out... i was very impressed and it was impossible lose it in the dark sky I only had it on steady on and not blinking but i feel that I could go to max range and as long as nothing obstructing between me and the mini I’d have no problem seeing it... it has a 6 hr run time per charge very simple to dismantle.. no screws no wires just pop apart the two halve and the assembly falls into ur hand.. they had pink orange red blue and green I picked em up for my dogs because the old ones i had that were 20$ were fading and they weren’t rechargeable. Im going to go buy another cpl of each color im thinking I could probably strip the USB port and everything except the little led and the terminals and possibly run more than one from the one battery on the back one. Would be cool to have a front one because on return I couldn’t see the blue light.. mabye if it was strobeibg but i see em going for 30+ dollars online and I promise you will be more than happy with the results especially for under 2$ aha

Reactions: AarkabbaddakraA
Wow very nice idea [emoji362]
I have some lights that I use for my mini drone.it is also a strobe light as well with two different light settings

Drizzydraones, I am not knocking them but could you please do the distance tests in full daylight?

Looked everywhere I could and found many at Much higher price. Any help on availability? Thanks, like it.

Reactions: SparePartz
I got a Strobon, really good, cheap and simple.. USB chargeable.

What a great tip, thanks! Have looked for it but cannot find the rechargeable ones on amazon.de, fortunately the CR2032 are pretty cheap. Don't know how long it last last, though. Just wondering what the diameter is.

I got a Strobon, really good, cheap and simple.. USB chargeable.
Looks nice, I have something similiar but it is changing colors all the time and I would prefer to have the possibility to choose for white only that is why I consider buying the ones DizyDrone found.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1