DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Really poor footage ,,SD card maybe?

Gawd that is awful, must be darn depressing, as the Air can take great video.

Most will probably suggest a faulty or inadequate micro SD card, and this could be right.
What are you using ?
Have you tried another to see if it eliminates the problem ?

Doesn't look like much around there in the way of sources of bad interference, so maybe try the card first.

I will try a different SD card .the one originally I put in was a Samsung 64g
In order to be sure that it is or it is not a SD card issue, try to use the Mavic Air Built-in internal storage.
About the SD, it must be a Class 10 U3. Samsung and other manufacturers produce 16/32/64 GB SD in different "U" classes. U1 normally does not support the 2K and 4K resolutions and even with 1080 sometimes loose photograms.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
In order to be sure that it is or it is not a SD card issue, try to use the Mavic Air Built-in internal storage.
About the SD, it must be a Class 10 U3. Samsung and other manufacturers produce 16/32/64 GB SD in different "U" classes. U1 normally does not support the 2K and 4K resolutions and even with 1080 sometimes loose photograms.
Ok .that's a good idea trying internal storage .didn't know about SD card I just put one in I had and thought Samsung was good make .thanks for the reply

If it was too slow of a card, you usually get a warning. Still, even cards with correct rating will wear out, where it will be fine for situations that don't require speed, like file copy, but fail for fast transfers like live video recording.

Is the sample from the video recorded to the SD card? The downlink to the device is always lower quality and will vary subject to link quality.

Reactions: Meta4
The reason I asked is that your uploaded video is only 720p. It also has a glitch which is not unlike what might be observed with a downlink transmission issue.

Try evaluating 4K footage and stills to ascertain if there is an issue with the camera. My suspicion is this is simply a case of your needing to familiarise yourself with the camera operation and shooting modes.

The reason I asked is that your uploaded video is only 720p. It also has a glitch which is not unlike what might be observed with a downlink transmission issue.

Try evaluating 4K footage and stills to ascertain if there is an issue with the camera. My suspicion is this is simply a case of your needing to familiarise yourself with the camera operation and shooting modes.
Got to be honest , I am no photographer, is there settings you suggest ?

If it was too slow of a card, you usually get a warning. Still, even cards with correct rating will wear out, where it will be fine for situations that don't require speed, like file copy, but fail for fast transfers like live video recording.
I did see a warning on a different SD card I put in .thanks for replying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy