DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rear arm dent

vagaerg

Reactions
After flying indoors today, my Mavic crashed into a wall and (fortunately) landed on a sofa with the camera pointing up, so no damage at all aside from some scuffs and small dents on the blades (by the way, are they still ok to use? from what I've read the Mavic can withstand that).

My main concern is the fact that I got a dent on the rear leg, and (since I don't know how thick the plastic is), I am concerned it could derive into a crack.

What do you think? Anything I could/should do?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20170214_011254.jpg
    IMG_20170214_011254.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20170214_011305.jpg
    IMG_20170214_011305.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 50
It'll probably be fine. If it starts developing into a crack, then get it replaced.

And, no more flying in the house ;)

Reactions: vagaerg
Thanks for your messages! The problem with flying in the house was not disabling the obstacle avoidance, so I had nowhere to fly but back, where there was another wall. Not a good idea for sure :)

If you want to fly in the house, pick up something like a Syma X12. It takes a beating and the parts are super cheap if you break anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: vagaerg
I have a similar Hubsan for that indeed. It was just out of battery and I wanted to test something on the Mavic. Thank you for the recommendation though, if I ever need a replacement for my Hubsan I'll take that one into account :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike