DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

( : - Reason I Became A Pilot - : )

DJI Ferrari

Reactions
Hello everyone and merry Christmas to all pilots here. This post is a little different.

In this Post I want to explain the real reason I became a pilot.

When "The Great Louisiana Flood" happened, I was going to stay home until a fridge floating crashed through my window down stairs, I rushed downstairs and outside there was a serious current. I had the love of my life my fat fur-ball cat named Mirei Mikuna (Named after a character from Phantasy Star Universe) in a huge plastic container. I had my book sack loaded with about 72 lbs of electronics, some from my weapons collection, cloths and so on.

There is huge ditch behind my apartment where I stayed. I mis-guessed how far it was because i was fighting water current while trying to keel my face above water while keeping my scared cat from floating off. I stepped into the ditch and went under, I was unable to get my book sack off and almost drowned. A guy in a an air boat say my arms waving out the water via his drone and came over grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

This guy age named Johnathan, i don't know if i spelled his name right, was a drone pilot who took his dads boat after his family was safely at the gas station down the street and his took his fathers boat and went with his dog and his drone to help others, while I and my cat was in his boat he found 9 other people with his drone and drone over and helped in five teens a mother and father and their two kids and took us all to the gas station where the water was really not deep at all, like less than a foot because it was on high ground.

Ever since that day I got inspired to become a pilot thinking that if anything near as bad as this disaster happens again, the more drones there are, more lives can be saved.
This guy was my hero because i was unable to get my book sack off as it was one of those hiker book sacks that strap around the chest and i had the top buckled around my chest and the bottom was just tied. I would have drowned if it wasn't for his drone finding me telling him i needed help.

So if Jonathan is a mavic pilot now and reeds this, you are a true hero and a true pilot, thank you for saving my life, my cats life and so many others. I wish you the best life and Christmas and news years ever, Cheers to my hero.

Reactions: Rockowe
fastest-knife-animation.gif

Just offering techniques to potentially save ones life when drowning as a result of being encumbered by a weighted backpack. I am being serious as well. I dont leave home without an implement that can open packages, cut off tags, pick small rocks out of my tires,
as well as save my life.

It sounded like you could have used one as well during your ordeal.

I meant no offence and did not mean to offend.

This sounds like a horrible experience. Thank goodness you pulled through. I would not bother trying to save electronics but my cat? Just like you I would do most anything to save him! He is is a bobtail with a water resistant two layer coat but I cannot imagine him sitting still in boat on water! Maybe like with most things if you train these cats young:

ps on the knife thing, yes, if I lived in flood plain then for sure I would have waterproof pack stuffed with survival essentials including knife, h2o proof matches, flashlight, laser flare, mavic etc. plus lifejacket for my cat because we have no time to start lessons now!

Reactions: Clinton1
Just offering techniques to potentially save ones life when drowning as a result of being encumbered by a weighted backpack. I am being serious as well. I dont leave home without an implement that can open packages, cut off tags, pick small rocks out of my tires,
as well as save my life.

It sounded like you could have used one as well during your ordeal.

I meant no offence and did not mean to offend.
Well i had many swords attached to my book sack, as well as tantos, kasuri kama and all kinds of stuff from my collection, but, they were all wrapped up and tide to my book sack so getting them off wasn't a plan i had, i tied them tightly so i wouldn't lose them, but, at that time this happened to me, i underestimated the situation, But with what I know now, this will never happen again and i have about $4500 worth of survival gear, grappling hooks armored protection, cameras and all kinds of stuff saved since then. Im good now and it it ever happens again, id rather not see anyone else go through that, I i die saving a life and am able to save it because of what ive learned and gained then all the stuff i learned and saved up over the years will have paid off.

This sounds like a horrible experience. Thank goodness you pulled through. I would not bother trying to save electronics but my cat? Just like you I would do most anything to save him! He is is a bobtail with a water resistant two layer coat but I cannot imagine him sitting still in boat on water! Maybe like with most things if you train these cats young:

ps on the knife thing, yes, if I lived in flood plain then for sure I would have waterproof pack stuffed with survival essentials including knife, h2o proof matches, flashlight, laser flare, mavic etc. plus lifejacket for my cat because we have no time to start lessons now!

It got worse because i ended up holding him from 8 in the morning at the gas station in that plastic container till 10 pm that night waiting my my ride. The worst part was seeing so many kids some holding many dogs at a time, others crying on the ground and even one father and mother yelling at the cop on a boat who was letting people off at the gas station because her son who was only 5 was missing, he was supposed to show up with the father but neither was found till later and the son didn't make up as he had asthma and sadly they lost him. It was the first time i witnesses a mothers reaction to losing her son. i seen it on tv but never this close. There maybe 200 people and probably 300 animals there and everyone was mainly in tears, some still in pjays, others carrying animals in cloths hampers and so on. This was a moment that i will never forget but wish i could.

So many people hate drones, but don't realize, the thing they hate so much, saved my life, and now that I have one, If this ever happens again, I hope it never does but if it does, I hope I can save someones life, even if it means losing mine to do so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada