DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rebuild query

Humberdrone

Reactions
Hi all looking for some advice/, Im currently in the process of rebuilding a friends Pro Platinum which is a top and middle replacement, what I’m wondering is what is best to do with the motor wires, chop and re solder the wires or re solder at the esc board, or reconnect with bullet connectors and heat shrink??? Any advice would be great.

Welcome to the forum ... I've not done that job, but do own a Platinum. When I did my training as an Engineering Technician, I was taught that you should always look to minimise the number of connections you have in a circuit, as that minimises the points of failure. My recommendation is to restore it to how it was when it came out of the DJI factory, i.e. carefully solder to the ESC board taking care not to overheat other components (take lots of photo's before you disassemble, so you have lots of reference for the rebuild).

Reactions: Humberdrone
Thanks for the advice Foxhall I thought that might be the case I was just curious to see if anyone had any experience doing it another way [emoji106]

Reactions: dannybgoode
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22