DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Received fly more combo and battery issue???

1dr1

Reactions
Saw this review on B&H.

Two points: 1) reviewer says fly more combo received on 10/19; 2) battery issue if using "phone screen attachment for the R/C".

What's the phone screen attachment and why would it cause the A/C battery to drain so fast?

Also note other issues with O/A, follow mode.

Begin B&H review:

Just a few minor issues: Preordered the fly more package the 27th of September and received on 10/19 (New York, North-Atlantic and Mid-Atlantic shipments have begun moving forward) I received the drone and had fully charged all three batteries for a nice Day of flight testing. One thing I noticed was how ridiculously fast the battery drained when using the phone screen attachment for the R/C, flight goes from 25 minutes to barely 6 minutes of time. Before you even get a nice rhythm of flying, the drone is already on autopilot towards your location for a new juice pack. This happened on all 3 batteries. (Constant Winds of 3-6 mph had occurred so maybe that had to do with it)

Next, the flight capability. The obstacle avoidance system does not work as well as I had hoped. I was recording my son and his friends playing basketball and the drone took a straight path towards the backboard of a hoop, which was a bit amusing considering it was the only obstruction for almost 100 yards. (Perhaps the setting was off, but it avoided a water fountain and a light post just fine. Of course after 8 minutes the battery died anyway so it wouldn't hit anything else)

Follow mode won't work unless the sun is directly on you, or a well lit area. I tested the feature just by walking through shady tree areas, the drone would either stop where it is and hover, or just land. Also note that in follow mode, the battery lasts for about 4 minutes if winds are sustained higher than 3mph.

The build qulity is absolutely great, fits into almost any compact size bag you stuff it in. And it is a very nice design, easily the best looking drone on the market. Gone forever are the ugly bulging transmitters as well. When flown indoors, the battery can last a little longer, about 13 minutes.

Camera quality is excellent, enough to get the job done for about 94% of its demographic.

Pros: excellent camera, nice design, very compact

Cons: Buy about 10 more batteries.

Would love to know how the the battery on the drone could possibly drain, if anything the RC battery would discharge faster.

BH are closed for the holidays till next wed .. so I guess they can shed light on this customer review..

Sounds like a fake review designed to drive customers away.
It is amazing how much of that tactic goes on in this industry.

It has to be fake. B&H are closed to observe a Jewish holiday. I ordered mine from them and their website says that they are closed till the 27th. So - I doubt the validity of that review.

There seems to be a payback going on here. When the Yuneec Typhoon H came out, there were trolls that hit up every site that talked about them saying how bad the H is. Now DJI seems to be on the end of the troll stick. There have been lots of these fishy stories going around... even right here on our forum. Like Flavor Flav says, "Don't believe the hype!"

Only the bad press for the Typhoon H was accurate. Go to 46:40 in the review: :eek:

There seems to be a payback going on here. When the Yuneec Typhoon H came out, there were trolls that hit up every site that talked about them saying how bad the H is. Now DJI seems to be on the end of the troll stick. There have been lots of these fishy stories going around... even right here on our forum. Like Flavor Flav says, "Don't believe the hype!"

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
It has to be fake. B&H are closed to observe a Jewish holiday. I ordered mine from them and their website says that they are closed till the 27th. So - I doubt the validity of that review.

I clicked the "Report Flag" and reported it to B&H as a potential fake. Hopefully someone looks at it and takes it down if they see that no Mavics had actually been shipped to customers when this "review" was posted. I'm not sure why they even allow reviews when a product hasn't even been released to customers yet.

Douchebaggery knows no bounds. I wonder if BH will even take it down before the holiday ends as right now they're essentially in Sabbath mode.

I ordered my flyless the second it popped up on BH, so yeah I doubt the sincerity of the review.

Definitely fake. Some numbers to support my claim.
The energy capacity of Mavic's battery is 44 Watt hour. In normal conditions it would last according to DJI about 20 minutes. This implies a power output of 44 / 0.33 =130 Watts. If ,as the fake review suggest, the battery lasts only 8 minutes this implies a power output of 330 Watts. Consequence the Mavic motors will get VERY HOT. Now to argue that in followup mode the battery lasted 4 minutes it is even more outrageous, implying an output of about 660 Watts, almost 1HP. That would completely melt the motors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada