DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recent Ranch I shot in the West Texas Davis Mountains

Opened up a new browser that was not signed into Vimeo and I clicked on the provided link in the post and it took me right to the video and it played. Not sure why you are getting this error.

I went ahead and embedded it so hopefully you can view it now. Please let me know if you can not.

Many thanks,
Houston

Reactions: AMann
Superb work. Excellent bed of music. Perfect use of the dolly zoom effect (and hyper-lapse). The landscape didn't disappoint. That sunrise was spectacular!! Super rich colors. The speed run was even cinematic. Really nice and pleasant video that tells the story (Texas has mountains)!

Nice! Great shots and camera work. Curious, how much of the land and the mountains where you shot there are private? Was most of the mountain part of the 7700 acres?
About 90% of the property are mountains. Mostly why they purchased it in the first place back in the early 70's. The road that you see in the video going to the mountains is part of a easement.

About 90% of the property are mountains. Mostly why they purchased it in the first place back in the early 70's. The road that you see in the video going to the mountains is part of a easement.
I was curious about that. I tried finding remote camping places out there on maps last year and was stymied due to all the private property. We ended up going to Big Bend with all the crowds instead:(, but we had a great time anyways:)

I was curious about that. I tried finding remote camping places out there on maps last year and was stymied due to all the private property. We ended up going to Big Bend with all the crowds instead:(, but we had a great time anyways:)

Big bend is nice but I find that if it is not a State or National park, it is private or requires money to stay there. Another great luxury place to stay out there is "Cibolo Creek Ranch". Pretty pricey but a diamond in the rough for sure. I shot there once while I was shooting a ranch of 70,000 acres down the road a bit on Hwy 67 and butts up against Big Bend State Park.

Big bend is nice but I find that if it is not a State or National park, it is private or requires money to stay there. Another great luxury place to stay out there is "Cibolo Creek Ranch". Pretty pricey but a diamond in the rough for sure. I shot there once while I was shooting a ranch of 70,000 acres down the road a bit on Hwy 67 and butts up against Big Bend State Park.
Thanks for the tip!
Don’t know video shot terms very well, But I really liked how you did the sideways moving pans and such, and especially the between and over the peaks shots. Nice work. Curious, was this for a real estate shoot?

Nice! Great shots and camera work. Curious, how much of the land and the mountains where you shot there are private? Was most of the mountain part of the 7700 acres?
Is all of this your ranch? Just kidding. Texas is a great place. Drove through the panhandle once, loved it. Reminds me of my home in Alberta... we have much of the same scenery, but better grazing land! Great shots... thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the tip!
Don’t know video shot terms very well, But I really liked how you did the sideways moving pans and such, and especially the between and over the peaks shots. Nice work. Curious, was this for a real estate shoot?
Yes, it was for a Real Estate client.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61