DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recent trip to Warsaw, Poland

FYI, you flew in a prohibited zone. And if you didn't move between your first and last photo, you've flown BVLOS illegally in a prohibited zone. And if you don't have a Polish UAV license, you've illegally flown a model with MTOW>600g BVLOS in a prohibited zone.

I'm surprised the Polish equivalent of Secret Service didn't arrest you on the spot.

Hi, according to the DJI map on my app it wasn't a prohibited zone. The first two and last two photos were taken on separate flights right above where I was standing so shouldn't have been flying BVLOS illegally.

And that's why you shouldn't rely on DJI if you don't want to go to jail. ? Their information is wrong, they put NFZ where it's legal to fly (stadiums) while skipping actual no-fly areas. This zone covers government buildings in Warsaw and is always active. You were flying less than 500m from the Presidential Palace.

oLXghz9.png

Which maps do you recommend using? What site / app is that screen-shot from?

I thought DJI were reliable with there zones. I feel bad now :eek: would never have taken off if I had realised...

I've seen other videos on here of Warsaw from recently in exactly the same area and even city centre over the sky-scrappers thought it'd be ok.

In the uk, use NATS drones assist, brilliant app. I highly recommend it.

Flying in the "zentrum" of Warsaw? ... overhead of people in a big city and urban areas throughout Europe all bad news for the drone community. I live in Austria, costs a lot each year to keep a pilot license for my Mavic Air (inc public insurance) but respect the law. Totally forbidden to fly over a main city or even a village without permission in Austria. Can only fly Monday to Saturday 8AM - 16.30PM, absolutely no Sunday flying using cameras. Spain a little more flexible in village areas but anything that resembles a capital, province, airport or military area.... All no go zones.

I'm on Android - thanks though. I've downloaded it earlier to my phone going to have a proper look later on.

Thanks Porky appreciate it.

Hey Porky, quick question around the Drone assist app you mentioned in my post thread earlier today.

I've got a few different APP's on my phone how can I be sure what I'm looking at is accurate for the area I am in. I have the DJI map on my drone app which has the no fly zones in it but I also have No Fly Zone app / Air Map and now Drone Assist but they all show different things. Some say it's safe others say it's not and others just show a yellow caution where there might be crowds of people (like parks and things!)

Thanks
Graeme

I know NATS is updated regularly, at the moment there’s a temp no fly zone which might have something to do with the president visiting this country. See if that shows on the other apps you have. It’s the blue strip.BEE82867-075E-47F7-8414-8AF20CBC1B51.png

If you press the top corner off the page where my lovely arrow is pointing then follow the onscreen commands that should help you out more. Then you can save your record.

CD8CEC3A-4967-4186-8BD1-638EDCD127B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Just found out, the blue strip has something to do with the queen.

Just found out, the blue strip has something to do with the queen.

Thanks for that.

I can see the blue yes. There seem to be a lot of temporary restrictions showing on my map - not sure if I need to have all the filters turned on but it's basically made most of the south / south east of England a red high risk zone - I'll try and get a screenshot but my phone has just had a mad minute.

I live around the Reigate area in Surrey.

Thanks for that.

I can see the blue yes. There seem to be a lot of temporary restrictions showing on my map - not sure if I need to have all the filters turned on but it's basically made most of the south / south east of England a red high risk zone - I'll try and get a screenshot but my phone has just had a mad minute.

I live around the Reigate area in Surrey.

Not to far from Gatwick? if you just play around with the app you will definitely get yourself more familiarised with its functions and capabilities. Took me a while, I now use it before every flight.

I checked on other apps, the queens temp NFZ for this Saturday doesn’t show up so NATS is pretty accurate.

But you use what you feel most comfortable with, if you prefer another app use it, I can only give you my opinion/advice.

Not to far from Gatwick? if you just play around with the app you will definitely get yourself more familiarised with its functions and capabilities. Took me a while, I now use it before every flight.

I checked on other apps, the queens temp NFZ for this Saturday doesn’t show up so NATS is pretty accurate.

But you use what you feel most comfortable with, if you prefer another app use it, I can only give you my opinion/advice.

Yeah not too far at all. Some amazing places to fly down here but just want to be mindful of my surroundings that's all. I reckon I'll probably stay grounded for now until the president has made his way back then I'll check it out again just to be safe :)

Thanks for your help / advice though always appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian