DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reciprocal headings

skemcis

Reactions
Greetings all, I have been using Litchi for a couple of years now and am quite happy with it. I am however stumped when trying to create a flight of 400m straight line, rising 10m at the last waypoint and coming back on a reciprocal heading (90 deg out, 180 deg back). This pattern needs to be completed for a 150m rise in elevation. Also the Mavic2 Pro camera needs to be facing a rock bluff at all times. The idea is to stack flight lines on top of each other at 10m elevation increments. I have found some previously unknown pictographs of considerable size and would like to stitch the pics to present to our local First Nation. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Litchi will do that. What, exactly, is going wrong?
When I try to set reciprocal waypoints over the lower track, Mission Hub does not allow me to do that. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Because this project is well out of the way of traveled routes and data access, and is accessible by boat only, it is important to get the planning correct.

When I try to set reciprocal waypoints over the lower track, Mission Hub does not allow me to do that. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Because this project is well out of the way of traveled routes and data access, and is accessible by boat only, it is important to get the planning correct.

I'm still confused. How is it not allowing you to do that? What happens when you create a new waypoint at the same location but higher altitude?

Ok, the balloons that show waypoint numbers will not allow me to overlay another waypoint at a higher altitude. Is there a way to get around this?

Make sure you are working in the web version of Litchi. Click on the Waypoint. In the dialogue box that comes up, choose Insert. The new, inserted point will be between the original waypoint, and the next one along. Drag that new point to the same place as the original. Adjust its height. You're done.
(BTW, isn't the reciprocal heading for 90º going to be 270º rather than 180º?)

Reactions: dawgpilot
Ok, the balloons that show waypoint numbers will not allow me to overlay another waypoint at a higher altitude. Is there a way to get around this?

You cannot create one directly above a previous one (the cursor turns into a "select" tool) but you can create one nearby and then drag it, as described by @Facherty. Or you can edit the lat/long values in the location box to make them the same if you want to be really precise. The faster way to do this is to create a csv file of the pattern and then import it.

Last edited:
Make sure you are working in the web version of Litchi. Click on the Waypoint. In the dialogue box that comes up, choose Insert. The new, inserted point will be between the original waypoint, and the next one along. Drag that new point to the same place as the original. Adjust its height. You're done.
(BTW, isn't the reciprocal heading for 90º going to be 270º rather than 180º?)
Yup it sure is. I was so wound up about this .....ahh well, 77 yrs old some things are bound to slip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike