DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommendation for tablet to run Go Fly

jarnie

Reactions
I have recently purchased an Air 2 and found than neither my Samsung phone or Samsung Tablet is capable of installing or running GO FLY.
I understand it is because GO FLY requires a 64 bit tablet and mine is only 32 bit.

I need to try and find the cheapest suitable tablet either 8 or 10 inch screen - my budget was blown when I purchased the AIR 2.

Can I assume that if a tablet has a 64 bit processor and has at least 2GB RAM then it will be suitable for GO FLY?
Can the operating speed of the tablet affect good operations and if so what processor speed should I be aiming for?
I just want a basic tablet (in built phone not required) which will work correctly with GO FLY.

Thanks

Unfortunately you get what you pay for, cheaper tablets usually have lower performance.
DJI Fly is cpu intensive, so what you might get is a lagging and pixelated video stream which will make it impossible to fly

I'd go for a Ipad Mini 5, even my Ipad Mini 4 is starting to have performance issues with DJI Fly

I'm thinking of getting an iPad mini 5 but have a Mavic mini and an Air 2 - anyone know of a holder for iPad mini that works with both controllers? Any advice appreciated, thanks.

I'm thinking of getting an iPad mini 5 but have a Mavic mini and an Air 2 - anyone know of a holder for iPad mini that works with both controllers? Any advice appreciated, thanks.
In case you weren’t aware, the iPad Mini series fits into the Mavic Mini RC without a mount, if you like that configuration. I just wouldn’t recommend the aging iPad Mini 2 in the video...just demonstrating sizing in the MM RC

But to answer your question, most tablet holders that fit in a MA2 RC will also fit a MM RC (from the high-end MavMount to the cheap PGYtech mount).

The holder in the video will work in both. Check it out ...

I have recently purchased an Air 2 and found than neither my Samsung phone or Samsung Tablet is capable of installing or running GO FLY.
I understand it is because GO FLY requires a 64 bit tablet and mine is only 32 bit.

I need to try and find the cheapest suitable tablet either 8 or 10 inch screen - my budget was blown when I purchased the AIR 2.

Can I assume that if a tablet has a 64 bit processor and has at least 2GB RAM then it will be suitable for GO FLY?
Can the operating speed of the tablet affect good operations and if so what processor speed should I be aiming for?
I just want a basic tablet (in built phone not required) which will work correctly with GO FLY.

Thanks
ipad mini 5 or iphone 6s or 11 Pro all have good feedback.

Thanks

I Like the Mini iPad 5 I use with my MA 2 and a MavMount. What a difference over the small iPhone I had used.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143