DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recommended Litchi Waypoint distances

deggers

Reactions
Just a quick q - at what distance do people put Lithchi waypoint distances?

I feel comfortable placing them between 150-200ft apart (even if a straight line) as my routes are ground elevation adjusted and anything further just seems like what if it doesnt ascend / descend in time and bumps into something.

Or am I being paranoid? Can't find anything recommended in the Litchi manual.

I think they have to be at least 4 meters apart (or something close to that) but beyond that I just put them where I need to change POIs (camera angle) or modify the route.

I do a mix depending on the POI and the angles I want but keep in mind that the closer they are, the slower you will fly. I made the mistake on my third mission where I had a bunch of unnecessary waypoints and I flew so slow that I only made it home with 11% battery. Even though my cruising speed was set to 40 km/hr, I flew around 19 km/hr so it took twice as long.

but keep in mind that the closer they are, the slower you will fly.

Is the difference between curved and non curved waypoints? If you use curved waypoints will it still slow down or just zip around picking up speed info -- I'm guessing non curved makes the mavic stop then start at each wp?

I've only tried curved at the moment.

Is the difference between curved and non curved waypoints? If you use curved waypoints will it still slow down or just zip around picking up speed info -- I'm guessing non curved makes the mavic stop then start at each wp?

I only use curved waypoints but use only the minimum necessary. I hadn't noticed a slowdown. I pretty much get the planned speed.

I should have qualified that all of my extraneous waypoints had slightly different headings and gimbal angles so I think Litchi keeps the aircraft speed in check to keep the shots as smooth as possible. If heading forward and no change in view, it will travel at the specified cruise speed you chose for the mission (up to the max if you have OA enabled or not, of course).

Reactions: bennie
I am not sure what my longest spacing of waypoints is but I'd guess it's easily over 1.000 feet. If there are no obstacles requiring a closely controlled flight path, this shouldn't matter.

In terms of longest distance between two waypoints, I've done 1.2 kilometers between on a mission over Lake Sammamish just east of Seattle. I don't think there's a limit on spacing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929