DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recorded video help

freefallnick

Reactions
Tested out recording some video from my M2P and I'm having issues playing back the video. I recorded some footage while I was testing out active track and it outputted 2 video files in MP4 format and when I try to play them using VLC player the video is all garbled and is grey and messed up. I also tested some of the quickshot modes like rocket and dronie and this files play fine but the ones I manually recorded with the record button do not play. Are the quickshot ones recorded differently and I need to run my other files through some video editing program to make them play properly or something? All of the files saved are MP4 and the memory card is a sandisk extreme uhs 3 64 gb card. I think I might have set to dlog m, is that the problem?

Last edited:
Although VLC is a good player, I had some problem with it on my Android phone. Other player worked on those files. Did you try other than VLC?

Check the recording codec you are using. I believe that the Mav 2 Pro defaults to using H.265 - which is not as 'open' as the H.264 codec.
If you change to using H.264 and all then your recordings play OK - you can then look for solutions that will allow you to play H.265 encoded video on your hardware.

Reactions: koffe
I have the same problem but should be able to find the cause by process of elimination. Initial footage i shot was 4K H 264 and was ok. My playback jerkiness appeared after i set H265 with 4K. But i made some other changes so i have to reset those as well. I may get a chance to fly again today and work things out. It may just be my ageing MacBook Pro or the software I am using.

If above doesn’t work, try a newly purchased card. I use the same card you list and there have been some bogus black market ones sold daily recently.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake