DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording Audio with Video

Reactions
Sorry if this is an amateur question, but I've never flown a drone or shot video from a drone. I am going to be shooting video of upland bird hunting with my MP. How can I record audio at the same time, so that I can make the video as real as possible. I know I can add audio later, but would like to have it be realtime.

Thanks !

DJI GO 4 app records audio on your mobile device cached video but not on the SD card files

I understand you can use a "voice recording" app on your phone. Is there an editing app/software that will allow you to sync the video from the MP with the audio from the phone app...?

You would need to locate and export the recording from the phone to the computer you plan to do the editing from then extract the audio component and over lay it to the other video.

The only issue is the recording will be of where you are and not where the Mavic is

Have you been able to download the cached file with audio?
I'm using the DJI Go 4 app with my iPad Pro and the Mavic Pro. I also use an iPhone 7 plus sometimes. When I record videos I can also record audio and watch the video with audio via the DJI Go 4 app in the cached video. But, once I download the cached video, the audio goes away. At that point whether I watch it in my iPad photos/video folder or even if I go back to the cached video on the DJI Go 4 app - the audio is no longer there. Is there a way to get the audio downloaded with the video and to keep the audio with the cached video even after I do a download from the DJI Go 4 app? I've had this issue at both 1080P, 2.7K and 4K.

P.S. - I am not using the original video in this case - I do understand that is video only on the Mavic SD - I am just discussing the cached video.

i'm having the same problem I can watch the audio with video on the app but once I download it the sound goes away everywhere including the app and camera roll.

It's convoluted but you need to download the lower res video with audio from your phone and use the audio from that with the separate high quality video from the SD card.
This will be much easier on a laptop/computer though no doubt possible on mobile device.

Recording sound on the Mavic is mostly pointless as all you will hear is a lot of motor and prop noise.
However recording where you are standing might get some useful ambient noise.

Reactions: jesswin and Ham

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato