DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording video question for phantom users

Mav

Reactions
Hello,

I am new to video recording/editing. Ordered and waiting for the Mavic pro!

I have several quads but never used a camera better than the hero 3. When you record video, if it is intended for computer/youtube mainly, do you mainly record at 1080 or do you record at 4K so you have the option of having it at 4k for future use? I do have a 4K tv.

I have always used the gopro video editor but after reading on the video editing forum may try out the Davinci video editor.

Thx

Hello,

I am new to video recording/editing. Ordered and waiting for the Mavic pro!

I have several quads but never used a camera better than the hero 3. When you record video, if it is intended for computer/youtube mainly, do you mainly record at 1080 or do you record at 4K so you have the option of having it at 4k for future use? I do have a 4K tv.

I have always used the gopro video editor but after reading on the video editing forum may try out the Davinci video editor.

Thx
I always record at 4K. Reason being. When it comes to post-production you can crop the video. For instance if you have a tilted horizon you can straighten it by rotate and crop. Also you can make use of zooming in video from 4k to maybe 2k to add some effects etc.
If you try this with 1080p you will start to notice a degraded video quality.
A powerful PC is required for 4k but it's worth it. Once it have finished I usually publish as 1080p
Here's on I shot at 4k and messed about a lot with to tidy it up. Then published at 1080p

Downunder, thanks for the tips! Much appreciated, there is a lot to learn.

BTW, I watched a ton of your videos on your youtube channel. Hilarious, you where having fun, mario brother lawn mower and a vid with snoop dog, lol!

Yeah, I
Downunder, thanks for the tips! Much appreciated, there is a lot to learn.

BTW, I watched a ton of your videos on your youtube channel. Hilarious, you where having fun, mario brother lawn mower and a vid with snoop dog, lol!
I'm not a fan of 'standard' drone videos :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS