DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recreational Flyers – FAA Interim Safety Guidance Email

RunnerGuy

Reactions
Hello MavicPilots -

Just received this email from the FAA titled "Recreational Flyers – Interim Safety Guidance" with 8 conditions...
Is "7. Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test" requirement now mandatory for ALL drone flying?

I got this email also. Where do we take and pass such test and I haven’t gotten a registration card since I registered mine.

I got this email also. Where do we take and pass such test and I haven’t gotten a registration card since I registered mine.

It says the test will be online. They haven't released any further details yet.

You also don't get any physical card when you register. You should have received a PDF in your email which you can print out as proof of registration. You can access your registration again at the FAA DroneZone website.

Reactions: FGHTFIRE05
...or perhaps somebody else can take the online test for you.

i'm sure it will be full of all kinds of perjury warnings and federal crimes; once again creating reasonable suspicion with an unverifiable piece of paper that was printed at the local kinkos. as soon as the word gets out that recreational pilots aren't educated or trained worth the paper they are printed on....this hurts our credibility and runs counter to the recreational nature of the hobby.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy