DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recreational Flyers: Get Airspace Authorizations with LAANC (FAA Video)

I got my first approval to fly using LAANC as a recreational flyer. Class C airspace less than 150 feet. Came through within seconds. Pretty cool!

Reactions: Drgnfli
I have AirMap working ... but Kittyhawk keeps asking for my Part 107 ID ( which I don't have ) ... is Kittyhawk live yet?

Reactions: Slade
I have AirMap working ... but Kittyhawk keeps asking for my Part 107 ID ( which I don't have ) ... is Kittyhawk live yet?

There was a Kittyhawk update this morning, did you download that? If you have the new version, when you click "Get Authorization", there is a prompt to select Part 107 or Recreational.

There was a Kittyhawk update this morning, did you download that? If you have the new version, when you click "Get Authorization", there is a prompt to select Part 107 or Recreational.

Thanks, it just became available on my phone about 10 minutes after I did the post ... updating now

Reactions: dawgpilot
Is anyone else having a lot of problems with Airmap right now? I'm using what I believe is the most up-to-date version on an iPhone 7 plus, and when I zoom in on a location on the map, the advisories are not updating. For example, I'm zoomed in on a section around a Class D airport that shows a 100' authorization, but when I click on the advisory triangle, it shows no advisories. Naturally, this happens on a day when I need to get quite a few authorizations for upcoming flights. (I'm part 107, by the way.)

Thanks in advance!
Dave

AirMap is my goto app for LAANC clearance. It has been buggy for the last 24 hours that I know of... hope it’s just implementation of the new recreational 107 rules. FAA Video of this morning that OP posted says it’s one of 3 providers. Planning a sunset flight so I hope they get it ironed out today.

AirMap seems broken at the moment (it worked early this AM). I suggest trying KittyHawk if you need to fly today and AirMap still isn't working for you.

AirMap seems broken at the moment (it worked early this AM). I suggest trying KittyHawk if you need to fly today and AirMap still isn't working for you.
Thanks, that's exactly what I just did and KittyHawk seems to be working just fine for Part 107. I'm much more used to my workflow in Airmap and I hope they get it fixed quickly, but this works in a pinch. Thank you!

Reactions: dawgpilot
Woo hoo lance just let me fly in class B Rec flyer

It’s hilarious? Kittyhawk gave me approval in seconds but AirMap wasn’t working for LAANC. Just another oddity in the Kingdom of Drones?

Maybe just location, but neither work for me. They don’t call LAANC... used to just appear on the screen, now I don’t even get emails. Just a message as of 0900 MST today that AirMap is fixed, but it’s not. No LAANC :confused::mad:
I have notified both providers and given then specifics of device, location, etc. we’ll see

Maybe just location, but neither work for me. They don’t call LAANC... used to just appear on the screen, now I don’t even get emails. Just a message as of 0900 MST today that AirMap is fixed, but it’s not. No LAANC :confused::mad:
I have notified both providers and given then specifics of device, location, etc. we’ll see

Just tested AirMap and got a recreational LAANC authorization in about 10 seconds.

Reactions: Drgnfli and Slade
Me too... didn’t ...,even after reinstalling the app.
Me to in class B yet..I didI did think that would happen yet until testing. Am i right?

For anyone using Kittyhawk on iOS...I had to uninstall and reinstall KH to get past the Part 107 login screen and continue with recreational flyer LAANC authorization request

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag