DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red Rock Sunday morning

tck444

Reactions
My usual location and video clips from the Red Rock National Conservation Area just west of Las Vegas. However, I am trying a new editing style with a slightly different opening screen and closing credits. The idea is to create a better viewing experience while still adding some self-promotion. Also, trying to keep the video about 3 minutes in length.

The photos seen here are simply screen captures taken from the drone video.

All comments are welcome.

I like it. Flying is great, the area is really good. I like the end. The voice over part works.

Very cinematic - enjoyed viewing your other Red Rock videos as well. Keep it up!

My usual location and video clips from the Red Rock National Conservation Area just west of Las Vegas. However, I am trying a new editing style with a slightly different opening screen and closing credits. The idea is to create a better viewing experience while still adding some self-promotion. Also, trying to keep the video about 3 minutes in length.

The only part I was a bit blah on was when over the highway and you were going very slow for like 10 seconds - did not seem to be a point to that (nothing in view that warranted almost hovering), while most of the other parts in the video were moving along at a good rate to keep attention.

I really like the video and editing. Without the road, it almost looks like Mars! I going in January (family trip for an athletic competition) and have been researching flying my MA2 in Red Rock. I noticed they added a $15 entry fee for cars and started handing out arrival windows during the fall.

Do you know if the park sells out and do you think 2 hours is enough time to explore the park by car? Thanks.

No reservations are required before 8 am. However, you still need to pay an entry fee. If (anyone) over 62 consider the Senior Pass for $80 which is good at all National Parks and other facilities. Even better, you can buy the annual pass for $20 and save the receipts. After purchasing 4 annual passes you can exchange them for a lifetime pass.

Two hours would be the minimum time to drive through the park at a leisurely pace. There are several scenic stops to see without any hiking. I have never had an issue regarding flying my drone in the park. You see another 20 or videos about Red Rock on my YouTube channel.

Also, check out the scenic overlook which does not require any fees and is located on Rt 159.

Happy to respond to other questions or comments.

No reservations are required before 8 am. However, you still need to pay an entry fee. If (anyone) over 62 consider the Senior Pass for $80 which is good at all National Parks and other facilities. Even better, you can buy the annual pass for $20 and save the receipts. After purchasing 4 annual passes you can exchange them for a lifetime pass.

Two hours would be the minimum time to drive through the park at a leisurely pace. There are several scenic stops to see without any hiking. I have never had an issue regarding flying my drone in the park. You see another 20 or videos about Red Rock on my YouTube channel.

Also, check out the scenic overlook which does not require any fees and is located on Rt 159.

Happy to respond to other questions or comments.
I appreciate the information, that is very helpful. Hopefully, we can squeeze in the trip to Red Rock. I will jump over to your channel and check out the videos. Thanks again!

If you have more than one day I also suggest the following ( in this order)

Floyd Lamb State Park $6 entry fee (just posted a photography video)

Corn Creek Dessert Wildlife Refuge (Free)

Clark County Wetlands (Free)

Unfortunately, you will not be able to fly a drone inside these parks. Safe Travels!

If you have more than one day I also suggest the following ( in this order)

Floyd Lamb State Park $6 entry fee (just posted a photography video)

Corn Creek Dessert Wildlife Refuge (Free)

Clark County Wetlands (Free)

Unfortunately, you will not be able to fly a drone inside these parks. Safe Travels!
Thanks. I do a guys trip to Vegas once or twice a year and we tend to stick to drinking related activities. This will be my first time with my family (daughter's athletic event) so I hope we have some time to see the other side of Vegas.

Good morning everyone. I live near Red Rock but every time I pull up a map of the conservation area it shows that it's all in a national park area.... I thought we cannot fly in this area? I noticed that even Calico Basin is within that national park area even though there are private homes there.... thoughts around all of this? I would love to post videos of the area on my you tube page for my real estate business but I was concerned about violating the national park areas....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun