DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red Rocks Canyon (Vegas)

FASTFJR

Reactions
I'm interested in flying my drone there. Here is a copy and past from there web site.....

Yes, visitors can fly drones for recreational purposes at Red Rock Canyon. Please do not disturb wildlife or visitors while flying your drone.
Visitors are prohibited from launching and landing drones and other unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) in Red Rock Canyon's Wilderness Areas (La Madre Mountain Wilderness Area & Rainbow Mountain Wilderness Area).

My question is does anyone know where exactly you can fly? Can you fly off the loop road?

Thanks

I would ask when you pay to get in. That's the easiest way to make sure. Side note, I love Red Rocks! Have fun!

Reactions: FASTFJR
I would ask when you pay to get in. That's the easiest way to make sure. Side note, I love Red Rocks! Have fun!

Thanks, yea we have been there 3 times and love hiking around the park. I have some friends who are going to be climbing there I wanted to get some video of them. I called the park and spoke to two people, no one could answer my question Lol

Reactions: Joebie
There are no restricted areas as per DJI's Geo Fencing so you will be able to take off and land. Since DJI follows the FAA Guidelines for USAS flight I would just take a copy of this picture with you and indicate the FAA has not disallowed flight in this region.

There aren't even any warning zones or enhanced warning zones.

1547664099703.png

Reactions: grendeljaeger
Take a look at AirMap. AirMap shows a very detailed outline of the two wilderness areas in Red Rock Canyon region. We visited the Red Rock Canyon BLM administered lands in September 2018. I had with me my new Mavic 2 Pro, but did not fly it within the area. A very scenic region.

I'm interested in flying my drone there. Here is a copy and past from there web site.....

Yes, visitors can fly drones for recreational purposes at Red Rock Canyon. Please do not disturb wildlife or visitors while flying your drone.
Visitors are prohibited from launching and landing drones and other unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) in Red Rock Canyon's Wilderness Areas (La Madre Mountain Wilderness Area & Rainbow Mountain Wilderness Area).

My question is does anyone know where exactly you can fly? Can you fly off the loop road?

Thanks
I stopped by in June, but didnt fly and I asked at the gate where you pay the $15 entrance fee to drive the loop. He stated as long as the drone is registered, which it is, and to stay away from the people and the wildlife.
When I went back this month of July and asked, this guy stated as long as it is registered and you cannot film. SO my interpretation of that is, no video and pictures would be fine, He stated if caught, the fine is hefty, He said that the rangers can look at your phone or tablet? WTF!!. He made a negative comment about Drones, as he must be a drone hater or has no idea about them. I actually went to the first parking lot and set the quad up in the air. Then got in the car and took pics. I then saw a ranger drive thru looking around.
The man I asked at the gate must have mentioned it to to the Park Ranger to be on the look out for a drone flyer since I asked at the gate. I think it is a scam for them to make money. He finally left and the drone was doing good on the battery level, He had no idea since I was not standing out of the car and the drone was above the red rock mountains

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun