DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refurbished MP with defective battery

shegeek72

Reactions
I recently bought a refurbished MP off ebay that came with a defective battery (wouldn't charge). The seller recommended I contact DJI, which I did and sent the battery to them. However, they said since I didn't buy the MP from an authorized DJI seller they could not honor the warranty and want to charge me $95 to fix the battery. I told the seller about this, but haven't gotten a response. My question is should I push the issue with the seller, possibly contacting ebay for a dispute resolution, or should I just eat the cost of a new battery and chalk it up to buying from a private party?

Th
Pursue with eBay for return of yours funds. You really have not scratched the surface of what could be wrong beyond the battery.
Thanks. That's what I'm doing. Also the RC won't calibrate.

out of curiosity, how much did the M1P cost you on Ebay? I have two of them and may sell one of them.

For the OP @shegeek72 take a look at this thread . . .

I recently bought a refurbished MP off ebay that came with a defective battery (wouldn't charge). The seller recommended I contact DJI, which I did and sent the battery to them. However, they said since I didn't buy the MP from an authorized DJI seller they could not honor the warranty and want to charge me $95 to fix the battery. I told the seller about this, but haven't gotten a response. My question is should I push the issue with the seller, possibly contacting ebay for a dispute resolution, or should I just eat the cost of a new battery and chalk it up to buying from a private party?
I sure would Especially if scription stated that it was a good battery.

If you purchased it knowing that the battery was defective and this was stated in the eBay advert, then I see no reason how you could go back to the seller.
If however, the battery wasn't listed as being faulty, you have a valid claim with the seller.

With my recent experience with eBay in the UK, if the item is faulty and wasn't avdertised as such, then I believe it's the sellers repsonsibility to pay for return postage.
This is done through eBay and is tracked.

take it up with the seller and come to some compromise.

Reactions: shegeek72
The seller offered a $125 refund for the bad battery and some other minor issues (that have been taken care of) which I accepted.

The seller offered a $125 refund for the bad battery and some other minor issues (that have been taken care of) which I accepted.
That is 2, 3rd party new batteries here in the states off Amazon. As long as other issues are resolved as you stated, sounds like a good deal for both of you. :)

Reactions: shegeek72
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio