DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Register my drone? Yes or No

The Angry Prepper

Reactions
I was on the FAA website & it states that I have to register my drone. It's my understanding that because I'm a hobbyist that I don't have too. Which is it?

I feel like an idiot...before checking here, I thought I had to, and going to the first site googled, it looked the the official FAA site. Long story short, it was a 3rd party deception, and I paid $25 for a 3 yr. reg. !! It's officially registered with the FAA, but needlessly and at 5 times the actual cost!

I feel like an idiot...before checking here, I thought I had to, and going to the first site googled, it looked the the official FAA site. Long story short, it was a 3rd party deception, and I paid $25 for a 3 yr. reg. !! It's officially registered with the FAA, but needlessly and at 5 times the actual cost!

Don't feel bad -- it's easy to get sucked in.

One nice thing about registering is you can print and laminate the certificate. Believe it or not, this little piece of paper goes a long way when dealing with authorities or anyone else questioning your flying. Silly, I know, but it works.

Reactions: NinjaNut
Don't feel bad -- it's easy to get sucked in.

One nice thing about registering is you can print and laminate the certificate. Believe it or not, this little piece of paper goes a long way when dealing with authorities or anyone else questioning your flying. Silly, I know, but it works.

Good advice...thanks FlyGuy.

Check out their latest update here.
Why do they still have this site up? It reads you need to register or face criminal/civil penalties and this is months after the FAA was told no they could not do this? "The court's decision invalidated the registration requirement as it applies to certain model aircraft"

Attachments

• 20170816_220654.png
    20170816_220654.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Blades
Reactions: The Angry Prepper
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members