DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering > 1 drone?

Buzzy

Reactions
Hi guys:

I have a Mavic Pro with 55 hrs, 585 miles, and 259 flights. I have cycled 3 batteries about 67 times each. Everything was great, but then it happened. I had a little fender-bender (it was a bizarre, human/equipment error) and I am awaiting a repair part. Meanwhile, I decided to buy a Mavic Pro Platinum.

So, am I correct in assuming I have to register each drone? Or, is my current FAA registration # specific to me rather than my drone?

I logged on to the FAA drone registration using my existing account and it doesn't give me the option to add a second drone.

I believe the registration is for you and the number can be slapped on any aircraft, but I'm not sure since I'm not planning to bother with this registration stuff until they bother to hold some corrupt politicians and lackeys to account in a trial.

Thanks. I hear you. I registered my MP, then in the summer 2017 it was no longer required, then in Dec 2017 it was required again.

Anyone else know the answer to my original question, for sure?

The other issue is whether to go with the Part 336 like I apparently did in March 2017, or with Part 107. I actually have a private pilot certificate, but I haven't flown a Cessna 172 (sMAS, or "small Manned Aircraft System"..... Ha!) in about 4 yrs, which is longer than the 24 month Part 107 certification test requirement.

Reactions: Csmith264
Each aircraft needs registration, I have 2 Mavic they both have there own number 5.00 ea.

Really? Ok, but how do I log in and then add the second one? I actually tried clicking the "Register" button but on entering my email address, it said this email was already in use.

I am on the "FAA DroneZone Section 336 Dashboard" screen. I don't see an "ADD" button. On another page?

Ok, I found the answer.

The drone registration number is unique to the person, not the drone. I put the same number on all the drones.

Reference:
FAQ

Reactions: Mr. Salty
Each aircraft needs registration, I have 2 Mavic they both have there own number 5.00 ea.

That is incorrect, unless you’re flying commercially (Part 107). If you’re flying recreationally, this is from the FAA website:

Q25. If I own multiple drones, do I have to register them all?

A. No. You may register once and apply the same registration number to all your UAS.

Well each one of mine have separate numbers, I quess I paid to much then, glad it was only 5.00

Yeah, this only applies to Part 107 operators. Hobby/recreation, the so-called "model" registration, is for the operator only and the same number applies to all the operator's UAVs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore