DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Registering a Mavic mini

cweam

Reactions
Has anyone registered their mini? If you add accessories that take increase the weight to 250 grams or more it must be registered and bear the registration number on it. Of course you will then only be able to fly it if you have a valid basic drone license. I have a license to fly drones from 250 gm to 25 kg and wonder if any members have registered their mini.

Has anyone registered their mini? If you add accessories that take increase the weight to 250 grams or more it must be registered and bear the registration number on it. Of course you will then only be able to fly it if you have a valid basic drone license. I have a license to fly drones from 250 gm to 25 kg and wonder if any members have registered their mini.
Hi. I live in canada and i did register my mini though i did not have to but i will add accessories to it , so yup i did register.

What
Hi. I live in canada and i did register my mini though i did not have to but i will add accessories to it , so yup i did register.
What did you state for the weight? If you add accessories did you state the total weight?

With regards to the registration of my mini. I live in London Ontario. Where do you live?

With regards to the registration of my mini. I live in London Ontario. Where do you live?
i live in calgary. Since you’re in canada too. More than 249 g we need to register and need for pilot cert

I recently registered my Mavic Mini in the US. There was a drop-down list of weights, if I remember correctly. I just chose .5 lbs (or maybe it was >.5lbs) as being the closest to the Mini. My Mini IS registered and DOES have the registration number attached to the outside of the drone. I am also a US registered pilot. It cost $6US when I did it, only a week or so ago.
If you are not asking about the US, sorry, maybe you could rename your post to include the country about which you are asking...
Happy flying

I recently registered my Mavic Mini in the US. There was a drop-down list of weights, if I remember correctly. I just chose .5 lbs (or maybe it was >.5lbs) as being the closest to the Mini. My Mini IS registered and DOES have the registration number attached to the outside of the drone. I am also a US registered pilot. It cost $6US when I did it, only a week or so ago.
If you are not asking about the US, sorry, maybe you could rename your post to include the country about which you are asking...
Happy flying
[/QU

I'm in Keswick, Ontario. I decided to register my Mini when I added the landing gear which brought it over the 250 gram limit -- even though I rarely use the landing gear. The registration number and my phone number are printed on the drone. I already had my pilot certificate. For the miniscule costs involved, it sure beats the potential fines.

My thoughts exactly. I registered mine for the same reason. I also registered my drone with Reclaim Drone. They are sending me two sets of labels and two wallet size laminated pilot certificates. I too already had my pilot certificat e.

For the miniscule costs involved, it sure beats the potential fines.
Agreed. Signed, sealed and delivered. Everything aboveboard and you can look anyone in the eye and say, "the drone is registered, I'm a registered pilot and, yes, I know the law - and I'm not breaking it, thank you... Would you like to take a look at my drone?"

Reactions: lowellton
Agreed. Signed, sealed and delivered. Everything aboveboard and you can look anyone in the eye and say, "the drone is registered, I'm a registered pilot and, yes, I know the law - and I'm not breaking it, thank you... Would you like to take a look at my drone?"
Yes, show me your drone.
Chris

Happy flying

What site did you register at? I only ask, because the official FAA site (faadronezone.faa.gov) only charges $5. Being charged $6 is a red flag.

What site did you register at? I only ask, because the official FAA site (faadronezone.faa.gov) only charges $5. Being charged $6 is a red flag.
Good question, you're right - I was charged $5. I registered it at faadronezone and I just logged in and I see that my Mavic Mini is in my "sUAS Inventory." My email notification from my credit card (I just checked) says it was a $5 charge. Happy flying

Reactions: dawgpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e